Tax Owing Letters

Colin Leake

Just had one of those letters from the tax man re tax year 2008 - 2009 and am expecting one for 2009 - 2010. Am in the process of fighting the first letter under ESC A19. It's hard going because they don't want to give in easily. I may have to go to he Adjudicator's office but as far as I can see I should be successful. If the notification for 2009 - 2010 arrives before 5 April 2011 I may find it hard but not impossible to win. If it arrives later I should be OK. Will keep you all informed of progress. Has anyone else had any experience of this and or anything to add?

Good news I have been successful in getting this dropped. I'm a bit rushed at the moment but for the benefit of any of you who may get one of these I will post details of how I did it and on what grounds later. It also is looking very likely that if I do get one for the following year I will be able to fight it as ECS A19 has a clause prohibiting them from issuing such letters for two consecutive years even if they do manage it before the cut off date!

Archived