acsi 2011 book

mgain

has anyone who ordered there 2011 book direct from acsi in holland recieved theres yet? i ordered mine in october and have so far had no delivery, however i ordered one from vicarious for a friend who lives in spain, and that came last week. what is going on?

mgain - 2010-12-16 9:38 PM

has anyone who ordered there 2011 book direct from acsi in holland recieved theres yet? i ordered mine in october and have so far had no delivery, however i ordered one from vicarious for a friend who lives in spain, and that came last week. what is going on?

Should have gone to Specsavers, sorry Vicarious :D

Hi,

Received mine direct from the Netherlands on Wednesday, not sure I like the change to the smaller maps, much preferred the larger version, still early days it may be easier to use once I get used to it, and I notice there appears to be quiet a few more sites in the UK.

Hi,

I like to support the actual people who produce the item, if they don't get the income stream they want and at the profit level they expect, we may find that they don't have sufficient income to continue producing the product, and that concerns me especially in the current economic situation, as i find the CC a very good product and long may it continue.

Therefore I purchase direct with ACSI to ensure the maximum level of profit contained within the purchase price goes direct to the producers and not have it reduced via a third party.

I have nothing against VC and do buy "All the Aires" direct from them, as I think they are the produces of it,.

UOTE]Charles Chodkowski - 2010-12-17 10:37 AM

Why buy direct from ACSI when they have a very good UK agent in Vicarius Books?

braunston - 2010-12-17 10:59 AM

Hi,

I like to support the actual people who produce the item, if they don't get the income stream they want and at the profit level they expect, we may find that they don't have sufficient income to continue producing the product, and that concerns me especially in the current economic situation, as i find the CC a very good product and long may it continue.

Therefore I purchase direct with ACSI to ensure the maximum level of profit contained within the purchase price goes direct to the producers and not have it reduced via a third party.

I have nothing against VC and do buy "All the Aires" direct from them, as I think they are the produces of it,.

What a weird response. Folowing this logic we would have hardly any shops open in the UK at all. Do you really think they make most of their money from producing the book?

Hi,

Do you use Farmers markets in support of Farmers the producers or just your local Supermarket in support of the Retailers

I'm not saying which one is correct as both need to survive but sometimes we need to make a choice as to where we are going to direct our money, and as ACSI are actively advertising directly within the UK then I have assumed they need our support by purchasing direct from them.

Therefore I have chosen to support the producers not the retailers in this case, if you chose another alternative then please feel free to do that.

Added

Of course I think ACSI care about making money on the books and everything else they do as a business, they wouldn't survive very long if they didn't care about their profitability.

rupert123 - 2010-12-17 11:49 AM

braunston - 2010-12-17 10:59 AM

Hi,

What a weird response. Folowing this logic we would have hardly any shops open in the UK at all. Do you really think they make most of their money from producing the book?

Ours turned up today from Vicarious, but via a friend in the UK to whom it was posted, and who then posted it on to us in Spain, so it must have got to her about 4 or 5 days ago.

I LOVE the ACSI discount card & sites listing book, we save a fortune by using it around Spain, Portugal and France.

Archived