Van bitz alarm

carebear

Please can someone advise me on arming our motorhome to sleep at night mode.

Have got a different zapper to our previous vans, this new one is black fronts / blue silicone rubber type with 2 buttons 1 larger than the other.

Wasn`t really paying much attention when he was running through the pro`s an con`s, only to realize after we got different zapper.

Its the smaller button we press to arm on leaving the vehicle.

Wish we were given written intructions to read back on.

I guess that different makes operate slightly differently. I have a COBRA alarm with a black fob much like you describe. One Large button, but this is used to lock the vehicle. The second smaller button is used to disarm the alarm . When I am inside and want to set the outer alarms but disarm the internal sensors I press the large button twice within 3 seconds. This normally works but on my New Year trip away the internal sensors would not disarm although the outer alarms worked okay. It doesn't make much sense but the only thing that was different was that because of the adverse temperatures on this occasion I had the outer silver screen attached as well as the inner blinds, normally I just use the inner blinds. As i say it doesn't make sense as I cannot see how the outer silver screen would effect the internal sensors (?)

Big Momma - 2011-01-04 9:55 PM

I guess that different makes operate slightly differently. I have a COBRA alarm with a black fob much like you describe. One Large button, but this is used to lock the vehicle. The second smaller button is used to disarm the alarm . When I am inside and want to set the outer alarms but disarm the internal sensors I press the large button twice within 3 seconds. This normally works but on my New Year trip away the internal sensors would not disarm although the outer alarms worked okay. It doesn't make much sense but the only thing that was different was that because of the adverse temperatures on this occasion I had the outer silver screen attached as well as the inner blinds, normally I just use the inner blinds. As i say it doesn't make sense as I cannot see how the outer silver screen would effect the internal sensors (?)

your alarm sounds identical to my cobra 7928, if this is the case to disarm the ultrasonic side of the alarm you must press the smaller button after the larger big momma

Regards

Andy

Hi

Sounds like my Van Bitz alarm fitted June 2009.

Alarm set by small button

Immediately after press the big button once and get three flashes of indicator

Then immediately press the big button a second time to get another three flashes of indicator.

This lets us sleep in van or leave dog in van without setting off alarm.

Peter

Our Van is 2003 not sure when the Van Blitz was fitted :-S but we hold the button in for a count of 3 and that disarms the inside alarm! I always move around a bit when its set just to make sure it doesnt go off when we turn over or the dog moves. :-D

Thank you all for your replies.

Our alarm was fitted last may, hubby was so impatient to set off home he said we had previously had van bitz alarms ALL WOULD BE OK, not realising this zapper was different. MEN >:-).

Will get to the storage and try it out, must check if there is a handbook in the van, nothing in my bag that i keep all the manuals in for the van.

Regards Carebear

Archived