Mike & Jane Jago's Retirement.

Rayjsj

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2011-01-19 10:26 PM

]Or a load of old codgers, with nothing better to do with their time. :D

Speak for your self I'm just a sprog and still working......occaisionally :D

I reckon MMM needs a page 3 >:-) ...........a scantily clad camper :-> ................one with a huge...............Overcab............ or pretty rear end (lol)

But of course no smut ;-)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Letter to the Editor.

Have you now concluded what MMM readers want from the magazine?

Assuming you have, what are your intended first changes to the magazine?

I for one would be very interested to hear your conclusions.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Starvin Marvin esq

starvin marvin - 2011-01-25 4:40 PM

Letter to the Editor.

Yours faithfully

Starvin Marvin esq

I'm sure Mr Attwood will choose to wait until MMM readers' responses to the forthcoming magazine/on-line surveys will have been properly analysed before implementing significant changes to MMM. No point in carrying out expensive surveys if you are going to take guesswork decisions in advance.

starvin marvin - 2011-01-25 4:40 PM

Letter to the Editor.

Yours faithfully

Starvin Marvin esq

No not yet, we will be running the survey in the April issue, and will post it online. I will put the link in a forum posting as soon as the questions have been finalised.

I am also considering establishing a reader forum - what are your thoughts? Would any of you be interested in sitting on the forum and having input into MMM future strategy? One of MMM's strengths is that is 'by motorhomers for motorhomers' so I want a few of you - those with opinions - to work with me to bounce ideas around. If there is interest let me know by emailing me on danielattwood@warnersgroup.co.uk

Thanks

Well is this the reason Mike & Jane decided to take a seat in the background.

Our Editor still at his desk till 6:57pm.

Looks like you are begining to formulate some ideas Daniel. They sound interesting and for myself, positive steps forward.

Daniel the editor - 2011-01-25 6:57 PM ........... I am also considering establishing a reader forum - what are your thoughts? Would any of you be interested in sitting on the forum and having input into MMM future strategy? ...............

Just one question Daniel, is this intended to work as a "subscriber only accessible" subsection of this forum (or a separate dedicated subscribers' internet forum), or are you thinking of meetings, or correspondence based, forums?

Derek Uzzell - 2011-01-20 9:15 AM
peter - 2011-01-19 10:26 PM ...Or a load of old codgers, with nothing better to do with their time. :D
If ever a true word was spoken...

I've nowtelse2do

Who told him about Chatterbox?

Who spit on us?

Welcome Daniel, and thanks Mike & Jane. Hope you enjoy your new part time role :-D 

Dave

Brian Kirby - 2011-01-26 4:01 PM
Daniel the editor - 2011-01-25 6:57 PM ........... I am also considering establishing a reader forum - what are your thoughts? Would any of you be interested in sitting on the forum and having input into MMM future strategy? ...............

Just one question Daniel, is this intended to work as a "subscriber only accessible" subsection of this forum (or a separate dedicated subscribers' internet forum), or are you thinking of meetings, or correspondence based, forums?

What bloody school did you go to? that's 4 questions not 1 :D

Dave

Guest pelmetman

Well Daniel,.......... if you need someone on the forum with charm,... good looks,... not to mention and an elderly camper (& I dont mean "er in doors" although I am a Toy Boy) & of course non PC then I'm your man :-D

But if you need someone who knows what he's talking about, has a mind like an encyclopedia, and types posh :D ....Then I think Brian wins B-)

PS, I expect the fiver in the post Brian ;-)

Brian Kirby - 2011-01-26 6:36 PM No, it's one question.  Is the intended subscriber forum to be internet based, or otherwise?  It's called a compound question.  But they can cause confusion!  :-D

:D :D

I used to leave my Truck's in a compound, so now I am confused 8-)

As the forums Bard, I think you are trying to hide behind words. :-D

Dave

Better let this go because someone will be along shortly, asking, "what's this to do with Motorhomes?" and "shouldn't it be on Chatterbox"

Brian Kirby - 2011-01-26 4:01 PM
>Just one question Daniel, is this intended to work as a "subscriber only accessible" subsection of this forum (or a separate dedicated subscribers' internet forum), or are you thinking of meetings, or correspondence based, forums?
This 'reader forum' would be independent of the web forum. It would be a group of readers willing to interact and discuss ideas with the editorial team. I would expect much of the discussion being via email or closed web chat and a couple of face to face meetings each year (probably at the shows). The purpose is important - that readers have an input into the future of MMM.I would expect many of the ideas would come from the editorial team but this would not be entirely one-way traffic. Let me know if you are interested in this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2011-01-27 4:40 PM

Tony Jones - 2011-01-26 10:47 PM

When was Brian bard? I missed that. What did he do wrong?

I think the letter 'r' should be replaced with 'l' to be totally accurate! :D ;-) (lol)

Confused ......Biian......or......Baid..... (?)

Hi Daniel

There are many of us who were subscribers, but due to circumstances can no longer receive copies by post.

In my case I am full timing and move about the UK and Europe. I have been in Spain since November so my only contact with MMM is through this forum.

I buy copies from stores and newsagents when in the UK.

I did suggest an electronic/on line version of MMM that people like me could subscribe to, but nothing has come of it so you lost a potential subscriber.

John

I would like to thank Mike & Jane for the help they gave me when importing my Hymer from Germany and sorting problems out with DVLA who had registered my Hymer S700 as a Mercedes, Renault Scenic, Pick up on the logbook.

pelmetman - 2011-02-04 9:34 PM

Tony Jones - 2011-01-26 10:47 PM

When was Brian bard? I missed that. What did he do wrong?

I think the letter 'r' should be replaced with 'l' to be totally accurate! :D ;-) (lol)

Consonant please Carol (or Rachel as it now is).....

...it's an "L"!

nuevoboy - 2011-02-05 5:17 PM
pelmetman - 2011-02-04 9:34 PM
Tony Jones - 2011-01-26 10:47 PM When was Brian bard? I missed that. What did he do wrong?
Consonant please Carol (or Rachel as it now is)..... ...it's an "L"!

OK.  Blian it is, velly nice!  :-D

John J Thompson - 2011-02-05 8:32 AM

Hi Daniel

There are many of us who were subscribers, but due to circumstances can no longer receive copies by post.

In my case I am full timing and move about the UK and Europe. I have been in Spain since November so my only contact with MMM is through this forum.

I buy copies from stores and newsagents when in the UK.

I did suggest an electronic/on line version of MMM that people like me could subscribe to, but nothing has come of it so you lost a potential subscriber.

Thanks John

We are looking at how to ensure readers who travel extensively and so have decided not subscribe to a paper version of MMM can still access a monthly copy. There will be more on this in the coming months, so I will keep you posted.

Daniel

Archived