Camping Des iles Beaulieu sur Dordogne

Cliffy

Has anyone experience of access to the above site I have read reviews that say the entrance has a 3 metre height restriction.

I have an Auto trail Tracker (2 berth) that measures 3.1 metres high.

I have been sent the site details through the post and it looks like the site would suit us down to the ground for a week stay but it does not mention any height restriction.

I don't want to get there and find we can't get in.

Advice from someone who has been would be most welcome.

Thanks

hi - stayed there last year and yes there is a small bridge to the entrance of the campsite with a 3 metre height warning sign on it but I'm sorry can't give you a definite answer as to whether or not you'd be able to get thru with 3.1 metres. Might be an idea to email site and ask them as they speak very good english. hope this helped

Clyde

We have stayed at this site several times and its a real beauty. The site is on an island in the Dordogne so there is only one way in and one way out! Our van has a maximum height of 3.05m and we just make it. I get out and guide my other half in. There is a whisper of fresh air above the luton rooflight!!! A lovely old local chap usually sits near the entrance and applauds when we get through. Perhaps you will be ok with just another 0.5 cm to worry about - letting some air out of your tyres may help...........If you make it you will not be disappointed. The site, site owners, Beaulieu and the surroundings are well worth the sweat involved! Hazel

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that, we really want to stay at this site and what you have said about it only make us want to more so.

Do you think if we go the first week they open without a booking we will have no problem getting a pitch, if we can get in under the bridge. :'(

Cliffy - 2011-01-30 10:00 PM

Thanks for that, we really want to stay at this site and what you have said about it only make us want to more so.

Do you think if we go the first week they open without a booking we will have no problem getting a pitch, if we can get in under the bridge. :'(

We have visited this site very early in the season and very late. Never had any problems getting a pitch. We have never booked any site in France but then again we don't go there in July and August!

There's a Municipal right next door (Camping du Pont Beaulieu). It's accessed by a slip road by the side of the bridge on the opposite side of the main road to Camping L'Ile, also accesses the local sports ground. You then double back under the bridge to the site. Not as posh as Camping L'Ile but has some good riverside pitches.

Mike P

We too stayed at this site right next to the river watching fly-fishermen and drinking wine with dutch neighbours but enough of that. In 2009 when we stayed the site next to the bridge seemed to have a traveller encampment on it or perhaps i was looking at the wrong location. If you can get in you will not be disappointed. Good Luck

Archived