ACSIdvd uninstall

insignia

Following recommendations from other forum contributors, I bought the ACSI DVD. My problem is that after a few minutes of use the programme freezes and the screen fogs and the prog. stops working.

I decided that I would uninstall and re-install to try and cure the problem. Unfortunately, the programme will not uninstall, despite trying half a dozen times using the various options given by the 'uninstall wizard', so I am stuck with a programme that I cannot use and cannot uninstall.

Has anyone had this problem and if so is there anyway of sorting this problem? Please help as I was in the process of trying to plan my Europe trip and book a campsite! many thanks to all the helpful folk out there!

:'( :-)

hi insignia,

which operating system are you using?

you could try going into safe mode on start up..then try uninstall again

or do a system restore back to before you installed the program(make sure you back up any work or other stuff you are likely to need before doing this)

then i would do a computer defrag and clean up before installing the dvd again

this would be the likely cause of the program freezing

jonathan

Takes a hunk of space about 2.6 gig installed so needs about 4 gig clear to allow installation and formation of temporary files to form (which are cleared out later by the program)

If you have a small hard disc, this could be the problem

Rgds

PS Just to add your PC may need a good clean out of cached files and redundant registry keys. Sounds more scary than it is to do. Type " ccleaner " (without the "" and it is CC " ) on this site search box to see what you are letting yourself into *-)

Rgds

Dave,

Many thanks for the useful tip. The Revo seems to have uninstalled the programme although the icon is still there and when I check the 'properties' button it tells me the Kb of the programme which is a bit confusing! but I hope that it has actually gone! thanks again.

Insignia.

Hin Silverback,

Thanks for your suggestions! I have already defragged and done all the usual good housekeeping stuff and have a healthy 31Gigs of memory so I know that it is not that. Memory restore also does not help but thanks all the same. A freebie uninstaller from the internet seems to have done the trick!!

thanks again

Insignia

Tonyishuk

Thanks for the advice, have already defragged and done all the usual good housekeeping stuff to keep the pc healthy and have a good 31Gigs of memory so I know it's not that. I have just downloaded a freebie uninstaller and am glad to say that this has done the trick.

many thanks for your thoughts

Insignia

Tonyishuk

Thanks for the advice, have already defragged and done all the usual good housekeeping stuff to keep the pc healthy and have a good 31Gigs of memory so I know it's not that. I have just downloaded a freebie uninstaller and am glad to say that this has done the trick.

many thanks for your thoughts

Insignia

Archived