blinds sticking

Keith B

I use WD40.........use the little pipe attachment thingy to direct the jet right down into the corners of the window cassette where the blind roller mechanism is, and also up inside the guides that run up each side of the window.

Works well for us...........

Believe it or not the easiest and cheapest way to stop them sticking is to spray some Pledge or other furniture polish on the guides and slide them up and down a couple of times. No smelly lubricant and it comes out of the housekeeping not your wallet!! :-D

Mike

I also used a silicone spray with good results. WD40 will stain and it also evaporates eventually anyway.

I meant to add that I now leave my blinds down when the motorhome is not being used. Apparently it weakens the springs if they are left 'drawn'. This is probably why we need the silicone spray in the first place. 

THE SHEPHERD - 2011-01-28 11:21 AM

Mine have yet to stick, but has anyone found a way to stop the damn things rattling, as I have tried everything I can think of, and am now considering doing away with them.TS

Not had that problem-what sort of van have you got? Must make a note not to buy one of those ;-)

Mike

Archived