Status Aerials

Timetraveller

Hi more help needed please.

Can status ariels be highered & lowered? If so how is this achieved as I don't have paperwork for this but again a friend says he has seen some vans with aerials that appeared to be higher by a good 6"-9" than the one fitted to his van.

Thanks again in anticipation of your help *-)

It depends very much whether you have the 315 (Round, omnidirectional,flying saucer type) or the 530 (triangular, directional type).

Whilst I believe it is possible to attach the former to a pole, it certainly isn't conventional to do so, and it would normally be installed in a fixed position on the roof.

The latter, however, incorporates a "mast" which is installed through the roof of the 'van, normally into a cupboard or the wardrobe, and is designed to be raised in use. There is a clamp and collar arrangement that needs to be loosened to make adjustment, and since this is a directional aerial, it also allows pointing in the correct direction.

Details and instructions at:

http://www.gradeuk.co.uk/faqs/technical/

Hi some status aerials are ridgid but on my van there is a stem about two feet long under the aerial inside the van and at the top of that inside where it goes through the roof there is a cog wheel that you turn anti clockwise to loosen and the aerial pushes up, half way up the stem there is a plastic bracket with a round nob on you may have to also loosen that you then lock the aerial in place with the cog but dont forget to lower when you moove off I would put a little note on the stearing wheel if I was you "But then you may not have sutch a bad memory as me"

Mike

Mickydripin - 2011-01-28 12:26 PM

Hi some status aerials are ridgid but on my van there is a stem about two feet long under the aerial inside the van and at the top of that inside where it goes through the roof there is a cog wheel that you turn anti clockwise to loosen and the aerial pushes up, half way up the stem there is a plastic bracket with a round nob on you may have to also loosen that you then lock the aerial in place with the cog but dont forget to lower when you moove off I would put a little note on the stearing wheel if I was you "But then you may not have sutch a bad memory as me"

Mike

Yes I have the same Status 530 directional Aerial that lifts and lowers from inside the wardrobe. I also have the original installation instructions which describes how the aerial can be removed through the roof if necessary at any time. (To enter a low building etc.) I have found it to be excellent in operation and can get British television from the Aire at Calais. It is fully directional. Hope this helps. :-D B-)

The directional aerial not only as the name impies can be moved for the direction, but also for vertical or horizontal plane to receive the appropriate signal. This is also done from gearing within the winder inside the van.

I'm a little puzzled by the reference to being able to remove the aerial 'through the roof'..surely that would need a big hole!???

Whilst we havethis type of aerial, we have never had anywhere where such restrictive height demands its removal

.Although I don't think I have the book of instructions, I cannot see how the aerial can simply be detached temporarily even from the top due to the wiring?

bigal - 2011-01-28 3:55 PM

Mickydripin - 2011-01-28 12:26 PM

Mike

Yes I have the same Status 530 directional Aerial that lifts and lowers from inside the wardrobe. I also have the original installation instructions which describes how the aerial can be removed through the roof if necessary at any time. (To enter a low building etc.) I have found it to be excellent in operation and can get British television from the Aire at Calais. It is fully directional. Hope this helps. :-D B-)

I'm an unfortunate owner of this type of aerial and I can't get it to work on my drive! So well done, the answer for us is to read a book.

Archived