Motor home shows/exhibitions - France

elamessa

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there are any Motor home shows/exhibitions in France between now and May. We are looking to buy in May from the French market and would like to visit as many shows in France as possible, if there are any that is!

Thanks in advance for your help

STeve

The major French exhibition is the Salon des Vehicules de Loisirs, at the Paris - Le Bourget Parc des Expositions, on 1 - 9 October this year.  There are others around France, all smaller, and numerous dealers hold their "portes ouverts" promotions.  For details of these you'd need to get a copy of either "Le Monde du Camping-Car", or "Camping-Car" magazines. 

However, if you are thinking of buying new, it will by now be late to order for the delivery dates you have in mind.  To get a van in May 2011, I think you'll have to settle for what dealers already have on order for stock.  Most are targeted for delivery around Easter, and orders will have been placed October/November 2010. 

Are you resident in the Limousin, or just passing through?  If resident, Creuse (23), Haute-Vienne (87), or Correze (19)?  If you let me know what makes you're considering, and where you are, I'll tell you where to find the nearest dealers.

Brian Kirby - 2011-02-01 6:01 PM

The major French exhibition is the Salon des Vehicules de Loisirs, at the Paris - Le Bourget Parc des Expositions, on 1 - 9 October this year.  There are others around France, all smaller, and numerous dealers hold their "portes ouverts" promotions.  For details of these you'd need to get a copy of either "Le Monde du Camping-Car", or "Camping-Car" magazines. 

However, if you are thinking of buying new, it will by now be late to order for the delivery dates you have in mind.  To get a van in May 2011, I think you'll have to settle for what dealers already have on order for stock.  Most are targeted for delivery around Easter, and orders will have been placed October/November 2010. 

Are you resident in the Limousin, or just passing through?  If resident, Creuse (23), Haute-Vienne (87), or Correze (19)?  If you let me know what makes you're considering, and where you are, I'll tell you where to find the nearest dealers.

Hi Brian,Thanks for this. We did the Salon des Vehicules de Loisirs at Paris last October but as my wife became ill we did not see to much of it....We have got the choice down to three manufacturers but just wanted to be sure with a visit to a show where we can see them together.I know we are now too late to order new in May but that is when the funds become available, so the dealer stock is the way we want to go. We have been visiting the dealers with the makes we want in stock but as you know the distance between dealers here is quite a way.We are resident in the Limousin and have spent our time betweem dealers as far afield as Bordeaux, Toulouse, Tours, Limoges, Poitiers, Clement Ferand and all points between.Thanks again for your input.STeve

Archived