auto-trail awning light

alex

The awning light on my auto-trail scout (2006) does not work, although when the internal switch is activated some current is drawn from the circuit, any suggestions how i can remove the fitting as it seems to be well and truly adhered to the panel,

The awning light assembly is fixed with two small self tapping screws, one at each end. Then carefully prise the assembly away from the body as it is also stuck on with non setting mastic. My guess would be the inverter inside the light fixing is kaput due to water ingress. I've replaced them before.

D.

alex - 2011-02-02 9:19 PM The awning light on my auto-trail scout (2006) does not work, although when the internal switch is activated some current is drawn from the circuit, any suggestions how i can remove the fitting as it seems to be well and truly adhered to the panel,

Hi I had the same Problem on my 06 Mohican, "the light is held firm", After removing the two visible screws, I poured two kettle,s of hot water over the lamp then went around the edges with a glass scraper (a fine bladed paint scraper ), putting the blade in the very fine gap between the lamp holder and the M/H body working all around the light prising slightly each pass., if its the oval shaped awning light it has a white outer cover with a oblique plastic inner ,the outer cover is held on with a putty type sealant and the inner seat,s into the outer cover,  My light failure is due to a break in the feed from the switch to the light,  this I have proven out , good luck

Archived