Gard-X Paint Sealer

Colin Leake

Much the same as any other nano tech resin paint polish. certainly would not pay £299 for it. If it comes free fine, but is not really anything special. If left it will soon go dull just like any other polish and get weathered. You can buy similar stuff on Ebay such as Supaguard for under £20.

Autoglyn resin polish is just as good....it is all hype to makes dealers money. Snake oil.

However it is nice to have the dealer polish and seal your paint for you, but he should be doing that anyway. So he is not offerring very much.

Brambles - 2011-02-04 10:27 AM

Much the same as any other nano tech resin paint polish. certainly would not pay £299 for it. If it comes free fine, but is not really anything special. If left it will soon go dull just like any other polish and get weathered. You can buy similar stuff on Ebay such as Supaguard for under £20.

Autoglyn resin polish is just as good....it is all hype to makes dealers money. Snake oil.

However it is nice to have the dealer polish and seal your paint for you, but he should be doing that anyway. So he is not offering very much.

It was his last throw of the dice until we insisted on two umbrellas as well. It was a good one for him to offer since it looks as if he is giving another £299 off but is in reality giving nothing like that!

By the time we reached this stage of the negotiations we were as they say really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

My last 2 new motors have been treated with similar products, yes I paid through the nose, but to criticize them is wrong as I have been very pleased with the long lasting shine, My Kuga is around 2 years old, and looking out of my window I can see all the stones on the drive reflected on the doors even though its only ever been washed, its still as new. just a point, if you are spending 1000s on a vehicle, whats a few extra quid in a better finish than standard.

trooper - 2011-02-05 3:17 PM

My last 2 new motors have been treated with similar products, yes I paid through the nose, but to criticize them is wrong as I have been very pleased with the long lasting shine, My Kuga is around 2 years old, and looking out of my window I can see all the stones on the drive reflected on the doors even though its only ever been washed, its still as new. just a point, if you are spending 1000s on a vehicle, whats a few extra quid in a better finish than standard.

Nothing wrong with a few extra quid for a nice polish, but a few hundred is another story. I have a car sitting out side which is 20 yeasr old and you can still see the ground reflecting in it and all that has been used is ordinary polish and lets be honest I would expect any car still to have a shine after two years with just washing but will add by hand and not an automatic car wash regularly.

In defence of these paint protection systems I had "JewelUltra Diamondbrite" applied to my 6m motorhome 5yrs ago. It was a deal when my daughter bought a car and they offered her the treatment for £200 I said do the motorhome for the same price and we'll have it, at the time m/home treatments were costing around £400. The original polish is stripped off and new applied. Before the treatment the black lines were a pain and could only get them off with car polish so the whole van was polished each wash. The jewel ultra requires a monthly wash with shampoo then a wash with a "conserver" added, rinse and leather dry no more polishing, the black lines come off easily during the wash cycle. They also treated all the carpets and upholstry with a scotch guard type protector. It is guarranteed for 6yrs and after 5 I'm extremely pleased with the ease of keeping the van sparkling, unlike the real pain of keeping up it's appearence in the first year before treatment. I certain feel it's one of the best investments I made on the van, although probably wouldn't have laid out £400 and wouldn't do a car as they are fairly easy to keep clean/polished.

Eggy

I believe it works like any other sealer or polish, so don't wash it off by using tfr,

traffic film remover is used by roadside hand wash & most drive through & diy car washes, it does what it says on the tin, it removes road film also after market paint sealer & wax polish etc.

Always wash your car, caravan or motorhome with a decent car/motorhome shampoo

& never with traffic film remover or washing up liquid ;-)

Archived