help quick about fridge

Guest joe watson

Guest joe watson
Hi i have a caravan with a bulit in fridge it can run off 230v or gas it does have 12 but i dont think that this works on the front of the fridge it has a 230v 12v or a flame picture you press in i wont to run it off gas so do i just press the gas button and it works or do i have to light it or something i havent a clue how it works or how do i check if it is working or not please help me as i need the firdge to work thank i hope you email back soon and it would be great if you can email it to my email address as well so i can read it there thanks joe@joe-watson.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Joe, To get your fridge working on gas you first need to get the gas to the burner at the rear of the fridge. You normally do this by pushing in the button on the front of the fridge, the one which is spring loaded. This will open up the gas valve. You then have to light the gas. On the newer fridges there is an electic sparker worked off the 12 volts which you simply operate by flicking down a switch. On older models you might have to again push down on a spring loaded switch to cause a spark to ignite the gas at the burner. You will then have to hold down the first button, the one that opened the gas valve, until the thermocouple comes into operation. This only takes a few seconds but may take longer depending on the age and condition of the thermocouple. The thermocouple then holds the valve open automatically as long as there is a flame. It is a fail safe device. The flame at the back of the fridge then starts to heat up the heat exchanger elements and so begin the circulation of the cooling fluid. I hope this helps you to get it working.

Guest Bertiebrooke
Most caravan fridges run of gas, 230 Volt mains or 12 Volts. The 12 volts or 230V mains may be selected on the front of the fridge by a switch. When you couple up the caravan to the car and the car ignition is switched on then the car supplies the 12V to run the fridge while you are on the move. Of course you also have to switch the electrics panel switch to the car charging position rather than the Caravan position. This allows your car generator to keep both the fridge running and also charge your caravan's leisure battery.

Archived