Northern Ireland Motrohome Insurance

haggis muncher

haggis muncher - 2011-02-09 4:48 PM Hi there all. In the process of buying our first ever campervan and we are hitting brick walls trying to get insurance for it here in NI (Normal NI postcode discrimination I think - no one seems to want to touch you). Any advice or recomendations from anyone? Many thanks in advance.

Brendan (Big Olga) may be able to help, I think he is from NI, Give him a pm.

Dave

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :-D

Hi,welcome to the Motorhome fraternity, I am with SURETERM EIg Camper and had no problems with them ,they are advertised in MMM.

My van is a 32 years old Mercedes Benz two berth conversion by a proper company in Bournmouth. If you send me a P.M. I can tell you the price I paid.

Best Wishes Dave.

Hi haggis muncher

I have found that Dolmen Insurance, Dublin are very competative and cover NI. Their policy also covers extended trips to Europe. I read somewhere last week that SAGA also do motorhome insurance and appear to be competative if your 50+. Don't know what they are like though - especially for NI cover, many UK firms forget we have a land border and don't always give automatic cover for ROI - not an issue with Dolmen though. :-D

Thanks to all the replies. I feel a lot more positive now and like the look of the Dolmen link. I will also follow up on the other recommendations given. I'm very impressed with the forum and quality of replies! This will make owning and running a motorhome a lot easier knowing there are lots of available advice and help out there! ;-)

Archived