Autocruise Starburst 2006 Old Model

Keith B

Guest Tracker

When I reversed into my garage - before I had the rear bumper fitted - I did the same and eventually sourced the light units from Charles and son at Poole.

You may be lucky but you will struggle to find any body panels unless they are still used on current vans.

A look around all the rears at shows or dealers will help you identify whether the part is universal

http://www.charlesandson.co.uk/

As Ray has already posted, try O'Learys.

They show the Hella LED brake light (which is most likely the one you want) on their on-line shop, and they bought most of the Autocruise bits left when Swift did the takeover.

They have much more than is shown on-line, and know what they are talking about, so worth giving them a ring.

Keith

As an afterthought.

A possible solution that might help.

You could phone /e-mail Bentley Motorhomes - the directors Gordon Bentley and John Cockburn were the previous owners of Autocruise before liquidation & subsequent sale to Swifts.

Their premises are on the same Industrial Estate as the Autocruise factory.

01709 590079 or http://www.bentleymotorhomes.co.uk/contact-us.html

They MAY be able to advise if Body Moulds were sold off & to who, or suggest possible suppliers.

As they say, any port in a storm :-S

Guest Tracker
May I just remind everyone that Charles & Son ACTUALLY sourced and supplied these led lamp units for me two years ago and if it were me I would ask there first rather than venture into the world ofthe might be able to supply???

Tracker - 2011-02-11 9:24 AM May I just remind everyone that Charles & Son ACTUALLY sourced and supplied these led lamp units for me two years ago and if it were me I would ask there first rather than venture into the world ofthe might be able to supply???

....ah, well...right!......

You're welcome to remind us, but if you're going to be picky, you'll have to be more careful about your posts :-s.

You refer to being supplied with LED light units (in the plural), whereas there is (AFAIK) only one "upper central LED breaklamp" (sic) fitted to the vehicle.

As such, it wasn't at all clear that you were referring to the same unit(s). (unless you managed to reverse into the garage twice).

In any case, prices vary so much that it is always worth being told of more than one source. 

So, pardon me for responding, but I shall continue to do so. :-D

BTW, having looked at pictures, my suspicion is that it might be a Jokon unit, rather than a Hella - but both are widely available, and generally can be obtained from most caravan dealers as well.

Guest Tracker

I am indeed indebted for my learned Hoody friend's observations and I confirm that I did indeed manage to break all three lamp units one the one occasion that I reversed into the garage!

I think mine are Hella - but I'm not sure - but I was unable to source them locally at the time in Pembrokeshire and caravan and motorhome dealers repairers were conspicuously uninterested.

I do so enjoy a good stir so do please feel free to respond away to your heart's content!

Archived