London low emissions zone

Guest pelmetman

That is very interesting and I would love to know more about the German supplier if you can help.

I am going to have to spend £4000 each on my Euro3 trucks to get them up to Euro4 for the LEZ before the end of the year and if there is a perfectly good solution from elsewhere for less I will put together a case in the European Court about this.

I am sure the Euro courts will love this! Self serving legislation such as this that discriminates against small operators and the public is disgraceful. There are only 3 'approved' suppliers for conversion and although they all offer distinctly different kits, they are all within a few pounds of each other. That smells pretty rotten to me.

Nick

Guest pelmetman

Strewth!! 8-) 2k to 3k thats more than my 99 transit is worth *-)

I only have to deliver inside the M25 once in a blue moon, so this gives me an excuse not to bother anymore, I haven't worked in central London since Red Ken brought in the congestion charge :D

Its bad enough having been born there, I have no wish to go back let alone pay for the privilege >:-)

Hi Nick (Euroserve), the information was gathered by a friend who was enquireing about his motorhome and then kindly passed the information on to me. Interestingly the German Government are providing a subsidy off these prices of around 350 Euro but they did not think I would be eligable, LoL! What a difference to our rotten lot. The company quoting the figures are

HJS Fahrzeugtechnik GmbH & Co KG

Dieselweg 12

D-58706 Menden/Sauerland

Telefax +49 2373 987-249

E-Mail hotline@hjs.com

Internet www.hjs.com / www.city-filter.de

The following is a paste from an e-mail sent to the friend regarding his 2.8 Ducato and my quoted figure was from a telephone conversation regarding my 2.5 Peugeot Boxer.

""Dear xxxxxxxxx,

we can offer you a HJS-filter fitting for your motorhome. It has the order number: 93 32 1710. The filter costs 895€ in Germany, without value added tax. Our prices are without obligation. It takes about one hour to install the filter, roughly.

You can contact your garage and they will order and install this filter for you.

If you have any further questions, don’t hestitate to contact us!

Regards

Simone Böckelmann

Make of that what you will, good luck!

Bas

I'm with Pelmetman on this, I wouldn't go back to London if my life depended on it. I used to work there, and once they introduced 'Congestion Charge' and then later 'Emission Charge' I moved away (as far as possible, without leaving the mainland) and don't go back, No loss for london I'm sure, but it's a shame when a citizen is virtually banned from his capital city (self imposed exile). My Capital is now Cardiff. ;-) Ray

Rayjsj - 2011-02-22 9:27 PM I'm with Pelmetman on this, I wouldn't go back to London if my life depended on it. I used to work there, and once they introduced 'Congestion Charge' and then later 'Emission Charge' I moved away (as far as possible, without leaving the mainland) and don't go back, No loss for london I'm sure, but it's a shame when a citizen is virtually banned from his capital city (self imposed exile). My Capital is now Cardiff. ;-) Ray

My thoughts exactly Ray. I have a tax disc in my windscreen which says I can use the roads of GB legally. I would like to go down to London and stay at the CC site but I'm not going to spend £60 in fuel (and rising fast) then pay extra for the privilege of a one way in, leave the van on site for a few days, then one way out.

The people of Greater Manchester had a vote on whether to go down this tax route not long ago, and it was totally rejected.

I wonder how much London is loosing in other types of revenue because of this sting.

Dave    

Archived