MOT..do side windows need to open?

pepe63xnotuse

Hi All..

The electric windows on my OH's ageing Peugeot 306 stopped functioning a while back,due to breaks in the wireing loom bridging the door hinge gap(..so did the central locking but I've managed to bypass that).

I just wondered do these windows need to operate for the MOT?

I've had a look on various "mot" websites but I can't see any mention of the side windows,only doors.. :-S

Thanks

Chris

The tester will usually sit in and operate the brake tester with the wired remote control through the drivers window. If he can't do this he may just leave the door ajar and have the lead through the gap or may decide he can't complete the test safely and abort it. Bear in mind if they abort the test once it has been started they can charge you full whack for it. If it were mine I'd fix the damaged wiring as windows that don't open in the drivers door are certainly a hindrance if not necessarily illegal.

D.

Thanks for the response..

It's something that I'll probably look at fidddling with when the weather picks up,even if it's just to run an addition wire to bypass the break.

..I know that the OH had it "fixed" by the Peugeot dealer a few years back...but now I've come to look at it,I see that they didn't renew any loom or wires but just soldered the breaks back together! 8o|

Archived