Telescopic Ladder

Mel B

Not strictly motorhome, but I know some like to have a ladder with them when they go away in their motorhome or to use it when washing their 'van.

Anyway, I've received a Netto 'offers' email today and they are reducing some of their DIY stuff including a 3.2m aluminium telescopic ladder which was £69.99, now at £55.99. I've been keeping my eye on these types of ladders as I'd like one at home, so might be tempted to 'treat' myself for my birthday! :-D

I'd second "bob b" be careful when using should you get one. We had a very good/expensive telescopic ladder in the office which was useful for its compact size although heavy. One of my staff was using it to access a loft, one of the catches hadn't properly engaged and under his own weight the ladder telescoped and he lost the end of a finger, trapped in the mechanism.

My advice is to never, ever buy cheaply made ladders, ie copies of reliable makes, check out companies who make ladders, there is one in Nottingham called Bratts who have made ladders of all types for generations. Our window cleaner buys his ladders from Bratts. A fall from 10 feet can and does kill or seriously injure people.

Archived