Chausson Welcome 78

Jambo1874

Hi Jambo

We have a Chausson Flash 04 on the Ford Transit base (as we didn't want a Fiat), which we bought new in April last year. Despite it being at the 'budget' end of the scale (the Welcome is the next one up), we have found it has stood up to our use during the last year without any major problems regarding build or fittings quality and that's with 2 lively dogs on board! From memory I think we have only had a faulty 'from new' overhead locker support hinge which has been replaced and now is working fine, and the mirror in the bathroom coming unstuck (gotta sort it out but not a major issue). The cabinet work is as good as when we bought it and the seat cushions etc are still nice and supportive. Other than the above, everything works as it should and is showing no signs of wear.

We've had an '08 Renault based Chausson Allegro 83 for about a year and a half and we love it.

To date,nothing has failed or fallen off in our hands. ;-)

(..to my mind the build quality is up there with more expensive makes..)

I would certainly have another one..although having said that,their range seems to shrinking,limiting layout choice...

Thanks a lot Mel B, very helpful. I agree with your point about the Fiat though and that is an issue for us. We have had a new Bessacarr on a Fiat for the last couple of years and I am now wary of going Fiat again.

Anyway thanks again for taking the time to respond.

All the best

Jambo

Hi,

I have a Flash S2 and would agree with the comments from other contributers in that they are well made and good value. I have had only 2 issues in a year of ownership 1 was a badly sliding toilet door quickly sorted by Discover and the second is taking a little longer. The over cab glass fiber molding has developed a hairline crack in the gellcoat. Checked by Discover on the18/1/11 and reported to Chausson only just authorized and booked in for the10/03/11.

I emailed Chausson twice to try to get it moved along no reply to me but they did chase Discover.

Hopefully all sorted I will post if anything else occurs

Regards

Stewart

PS It would'nt stop me buying another!!!

• 2 weeks later...
stewartkingswood - 2011-02-27 2:55 PM

... Checked by Discover on the18/1/11 and reported to Chausson only just authorized and booked in for the10/03/11.

I emailed Chausson twice to try to get it moved along no reply to me but they did chase Discover.

Hopefully all sorted I will post if anything else occurs

Regards

Stewart

PS It would'nt stop me buying another!!!

I wouldn't mind betting that the fault lay with Discover for forgetting to put the claim in to start with..!? *-)

We had similar from them 18-24months back(with our previous Compass 120 Suntor),both with their Cannock and Delamere branches.

We had loads of "..the girl who deals with warranties is on holiday/not in on a tuesday/only works mornings.." and "..we can't find you on our system..",type of nonsensical incompetance from them.. 8o| (..Off Topic rant sorry! :$ )

Once again,really happy with our Chausson.. ;-)

Archived