PEUGOT BOXER RADIO

FRANKP60

Can any one advise ,I have a Peugot Boxer 2004 April base motor home with a rubbish radio ,was looking at getting better one with MP3 incorporated.Have been told by Halfords that the van might have Multi Plex wiring system ,which would make it harder to fit .anyone know about this.Please

Guest Peter James
If its just the radio the first thing to do is check the aerial and its connecting lead. With a 7 year old vehicle it probably needs replacing. If you can't fit an aerial above the height of the vehicle (ideally on the roof) you will probably have to put up with poor radio reception.

2004 Vehicle will be non-multiplex, and fairly simple to fit a new radio to.

If your current radio turns itself off after 20 mins with the ignition off, (though I suspect that was from the following year onwards), you may wish to Google for information on how to wire your new one to overcome this - it is a simple fix.

When you replace it wire it to the leisure battery this is a far more sensible way of doing it in a Motorhome. Also if you have a TV you can wire the audio to the aux input on the radio and have decent quality sound when watching TV.

lennyhb - 2011-03-04 2:35 PM

When you replace it wire it to the leisure battery this is a far more sensible way of doing it in a Motorhome. Also if you have a TV you can wire the audio to the aux input on the radio and have decent quality sound when watching TV.

Now, i had a radio wired to the hab battery once over, and i dont think it did it any favours whilst on hook up. There used to be an audible 'click' every few seconds, like a pulse of sorts. I had it as coming from the onboard charger? Anyway, the radio gave up the ghost later in the peice. Whether it was down to this 'interference' i dont know?

Anyway, when i got the new radio, i installed a second battery connected to the main one, but with a fuse between them. I have the fuse in to charge this second battery (along with the hab its wired to) as and when, at times when the radio isnt in use. I remove it when i use the radio. Whether its all coincidental, i dont know, but i didnt want to risk wrecking another radio.

Archived