Tanya

dawki

Hi All

I am about to order a pair of replacement 110 AH (ish) leisure batteries. I have been looking on Tanya batteries web site and was choosing between Banner and Vatra batteries, but while looking I noticed there was another option http://www.tayna.co.uk/Enduroline-Ca+-Batteries-S1272-1.html

Just wondered if anybody has these Enduroline batteries or should I stick with the more familiar names.

Cheers

Dawki

Guest Tracker

I bought two Varta batteries from Tayna last year and the price and service was first class and both are performing well so far.

I have no experience of Enduroline but I tend to buy batteries according to how much use I expect to get from them but a four year warranty looks impressive?

If you plan on changing the van within a year or two a couple of cheapies should suffice but if you intend keeping the van for several years I would opt for good 'uns.

Sorry I can't help more but no doubt others will be able to advise specifically on Calcium technology and Enduroline.

The enduroline are a dual purpose starter/leisure more suited to vehicle running equipment off the starter battery, such as many boats and camper vans without seperate starter batteries. You will not get the same number of deep cycles. If your power reqirements are low and battery is mainly a buffer between campsites with hook up then they are fine, but if you do many nights relying on batteries for a lot of power then go for something more suited like the Varta or Banner. So more a caravan battery than a motorhome battery.

Again because of the lower price they are suited to people who tend to murder batteries through neglect or just unintentionally abuse them. Why kill an expensive battery when you can kill a cheaper one.

I bought a battery from Tanya and they sent it to Number 8 and I live at Number 9, which due to the layout of the road is a long way away and they were out at the time. It took a week to arrive. Where they bothered?

PS it was a telephone order :-(

Hello Dawki,

Almost 4 years ago I bought an 100 ah Elecsol from Tayna, to use as a second leisure battery. I chose Elecsol because of positive comment on this forum, they are also lighter than most others and there is a good guarantee period. It is still going strong and when the original leisure battery needs replacing I will buy another Elecsol. Both batteries have had hard use and occasional deep dischage without problems.

Tayna were excellent on price, admin and delivery - but of course that was 4 years ago - don't know about now.

Bob

I am afraid I do not rate Elecsol at all, it is all hype and artistic licence in teh specifications and they are nothing special. You would be far better off with the Banner or Varta. Elecsol are not necessarily a bad battery, just run of the mill and many have actually had big problems with them. The boating fraternity who they were originally marketed to have dropped them like a brick and then Elecsol targeted the Motorhome market.

They consume more water than others, have a high self discharge rate and despite what the spec says they do suffer sulphation just like any other battery. My personal view , stay well clear unless you can get at budget prices.

Archived