Transit bulbs/spares?

Hawcara

In our preparation for the annual trip abroad, I am looking for spare bulbs. Only had the Flash 04 on transit body for 3 months. We have bits and pieces but thought may as well buy the correct ones.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with a correct link as am not sure I am looking at the right ones.

Thank you B-)

Which particular bulbs were you looking for (or was it a kit to stick in the back for emergencies?)

Most of the info is in the manual, though I note that it doesn't say which fitting of headlamp bulb it is that is required. (AFAIK it is H4, but my 'van isn't here at the moment, so I can't physically check).

A good site for checking the specs is:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/

...where you can input the car/van type ,and it will direct you to the appropriate bulbs by vehicle position. (I'm not necessarily recommending it for purchase, or not, but it is good for research)

I've got a box of bulbs and fuses I've built up over the years which always goes out in the 'van with me (and to date has been used more to fix other people's issues than mine B-) )

Thank you for the reply.

Really looking for something to stick in the back for emergencies.

Amazon seem to do something for about £8, but dont want to buy a load of rubbish, I'll soon be able to buy a gallon of fuel for that price. :-D

Hawcara

Your Ford Transit Owner's Guide booklet should tell you which bubs will be suitable for the 'cab' part of your Chausson (Robinhood's suggestion that your headlights will need H4 bulbs is almost certainly correct - if the Transit Owner's Guide says "55/60 watt halogen bulb", then that's an H4 bulb).

The snag is that there will be nothing in the Transit booklet about bulbs for the lights Chausson has chosen to fit when converting the Ford chassis into a Flash 04 motorhome (eg. high-level or side marker lights, rear lights, etc.). If your Chausson handbook doesn't tell you, then the only certain way of knowing is to remove the lights' outer protective covers and check what's under them bulb-wise.

Although you may well be able to buy a bulb-kit completely suitable for a Transit Mk 7 panel van, there's a fair likelihood that a few of the bulbs in that kit will be unsuitable for your coachbuilt Flash 04 motorhome.

If you just want 'emergency' bulbs, it's likely to be cheapest to buy a bulb-kit suitable for a Transit and then add one of each of any bulbs that aren't in the kit that you'd need for the Chausson-conversion lights.

The bulb-kit advertised on the below link looks pretty comprehensive and may well cover your Chausson-added lights too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ford-Transit-Spare-Bulb-1975-2010/dp/B003VEN6O4

Archived