Renewable Heat Incentive

Guest Tracker

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, You may be right, but it could also be read as all units fitted after the 8th Dec will initially get the 43p/kWh until 31st March and then it will reduce to 21p for the remainder of the 25 years ? so perhaps not actually affecting any of those installed before the 8th Dec.

So you may be OK

Basil - 2011-10-30 12:56 PM

Not according to the information at

http://www.clickgreen.org.uk/news/national-news/122738-energy-saving-trust-blames-technical-error-for-leaked-feed-in-tariff-plans.html

11th paragraph, it seems that they are going to reduce the FIT payment on ALL including existing installs to the new rate!!!

Bas

Hi, Paragraph 16 confirms what I wrote earlier, those that have it installed before the new deadline of the 12th Dec will continue with there current FIT rate. so good luck to all of you that have already got it installed

http://www.clickgreen.org.uk/news/national-news/122745-government-confirms-plans-for-december-cut-off-for-feed-in-tariff-solar-rates.html

Guest Tracker

Does that mean that we now have an honourable government with the integrity to keep their word?

Of course it does - was it ever in doubt?

Yippee!

But I'm not holding my breath!

Well now the announcment has been made it seems that anyone having the install completed AND tha application for FIT payment lodged before 12th December 2011 will be eligable for the 0.43p inflation proofed for the next 25 years, as some had said thank goodness. Also as has been said anyone who installs after 12 December will get the 0.43p until April 2012 thereafter 0.21p.

According to the statement this still gives a tax free return of 5% but the payback will be 10 to 12 years but will improve with rising energy costs. This, without doubt, would have stopped us from having ours fitted as at our age the payback period would have been too long.

The reasons given for the early change is that the take up had been so great (16000 installs in September against 7980 in June and over 100000 installs so far) it would have used up all the government allocation to the FIT budget too quickly.

Personally after looking at the where the take up has occured I believe they would have done better to have stopped the profiteering from companies putting in 'bulk' systems (e.g. companies fitting free systems and then 'pocketing' the FIT payments) and fed the FIT to where it was origionally intended to single domestic consumers. Also a good point was raised in that if the 'profit' that the energy companies make on reselling the electricity fed back into the grid, i.e. they buy for 3.1p and sell for around 12 to 14p, was ring fenced back into the FIT kitty it would help to further finance the system.

It has also been noted, on some of the green energy forums, sorry have not been able to find a definitive source for those that don't like press statements!!, that the FIT payment at 0.43p is LESS than the equivilent French (€0.53) or German (€0.59) FIT payment so 0.21p is going to be a lot less!

Bas

Just squeaked in with a 12 panel Sanyo solar system.I have in writing that deposit will be returned if they don't install and commision by the 12th Dec. Poor man's phone never stopped ! I got the last installation.

Just hope they can get the panels from their stock as panels now in short supply !

Two other companies due to quote rang up and cancelled appointments

whisturx - 2011-10-31 5:26 PM

Just squeaked in with a 12 panel Sanyo solar system.I have in writing that deposit will be returned if they don't install and commision by the 12th Dec. Poor man's phone never stopped ! I got the last installation.

Just hope they can get the panels from their stock as panels now in short supply !

Hope you realise that to be installed and commisioned is not sufficient, you also need the FIT application to be lodged with the relevent company by the 12 December, but I expect you realise that.

Bas

Guest Tracker
Basil - 2011-10-31 8:16 PM

Hope you realise that to be installed and commisioned is not sufficient, you also need the FIT application to be lodged with the relevent company by the 12 December, but I expect you realise that.

Bas

Might be as well to post it guaranteed delivery - unless you can apply online and get an instant acknowledgement - and keep a hard copy in case the power company says that it didn't arrive in time?

Remember there is always a chance of bad weather in November, meaning men can't work on the roof, ie high winds or slippery ice etc. There will surely be some cancelled installations due to force majeure, sincerely hope this won't happen in your case, but its almost certain to happen to someone. Even if it just means their job gets pushed forward a few days, that could affect the amount of FIT they would qualify for......... :-(

Thanks for all the advice. The installer had promised my deposit back if he could not complete on time and I would have used Good Energy who are a lot more efficient than the big boys, I still have my doubts that this Government or the next will keep their word on a tax free ,index linked payment over 25 years !

So I have cancelled.

At least the wife can have new carpets and worktops and if any pennies left I might put another solar panel on the van roof ,if there are any left !!!

Archived