new batteries

bikey

Guest Tracker
Big Momma - 2011-03-15 8:57 PM

Sometimes I just cannot refrain *-)

Good job your van has it's own loo then innit!

I have just fitted a new Battery to my Hymer today,Engine Battery, 100amp hr.cost me £85 from Mayday motor supplies in Southampton, what a pain in the butt job it was too, really difficult to get at and re connect.The old one failed completely lucky we were at home as we have just returned from a six month away trip, Yesterday I was due to take the van to our local Asda tyre bay for two new tyres but the starter motor would not turn over and the alarm sounded every time, I thought I had an immobiliser fault so I phoned Steve at S J at Poole and he said it was probably the Battery which was reading 11.5 volts on my tester, I put the battery on a seperate charger for several hours but it would not take a charge so I got the new battery today and all is OK now.The old Battery was 8 years old and was maintenance free so it has served me well.

Colin Leake - 2011-03-16 4:27 PM

Brambles - 2011-03-15 8:33 PM

LOL Big Momma.

I was going to say something but refrained.

Colin I know exactly what you meant but is actually called a load test.

Jon.

True but is also often refered to as dump test though I have no idea why.

Its confusion with the term 'load dump' for alternators.

hi all

have now purchased new batteries, bought 2 banner 135amp from tanya batteries, their price £129 + carriage £11.88 bargained down to £125 each no delivery charge, delivered next day, very pleased with service.

thanks all for your replies

Bikey

bikey - 2011-03-21 8:36 PM

hi all

have now purchased new batteries, bought 2 banner 135amp from tanya batteries, their price £129 + carriage £11.88 bargained down to £125 each no delivery charge, delivered next day, very pleased with service.

thanks all for your replies

Bikey

Hi Bikey,

115Ah at 20 hour rate, its normal to quote the 20 hour rate not the 100 hour rate.

Jon.

Archived