electrolux fridge/eberspacher petrol heater problem

Guest MartinSpence

Guest MartinSpence
I have a 1985 LHD Westfalia-conversion VW Transporter. The 3-way Electrolux fridge only works on gas and mains - not on 12v. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong, and whether I can repair it myself? The heater worked last winter, but not now. When I switched on, there was a click from a box which I assume to be a relay, the fan came on, the igniter under the floor started to tick, but no heat came through, and the relay box clicked again, switching off the fan.Sometimes if I switch on,the fan comes on but the igniter does not tick, and sometimes the relay box clicks away without anything happening at all, except for the LEDs on the on/off switch flickering, Any suggestions gratefully received Martin

I ALSO HAVE THE FRIDGE PROBLEM ON 12 VOLTS.I'VE READ THAT MOST PEOPLE WILL DISCONNECT THE 12 VOLT SUPPLY BECAUSE IT DRAINS TOO MUCH POWER.MY VIEW IS IF IT WORKS ON THE OTHER TWO,12V MUST BE DISCONNECTED.TRY TESTING THE SPADES ON THE BATTERY SWITCH ON FRONT OF THE FRIDGE TO SEE IF THE CURRENT IS GETTING TO THE SWITCH. GOOD LUCK

• 2 months later...
Encountered similar situ with my campervan. Have since discovered that fridge works on 12v thru a relay when engine is running, therefore only working on 12v whilst travelling?

Archived