Overnight at Peterborough Show

Cliffy

We are booked on he 12 20 pm Dover Calis ferry on 17th April. We are travelling down from Teesside and thought we might we might stop overnight at Peterborough on the 14th and 15th spend a day at the show, travel down to near Dover for an overnight stop on the 16th ready for sailing on the 17th.

Does the above sound sensible or not.

This is my first time motorhoming in France and attending to a motorhome show (I am trying to forget the Manchester show) so any suggestions and/or advice would be most welcome.

Cliffy - 2011-03-18 11:55 PM

We are booked on he 12 20 pm Dover Calis ferry on 17th April. We are travelling down from Teesside and thought we might we might stop overnight at Peterborough on the 14th and 15th spend a day at the show, travel down to near Dover for an overnight stop on the 16th ready for sailing on the 17th.

Does the above sound sensible or not.

This is my first time motorhoming in France and attending to a motorhome show (I am trying to forget the Manchester show) so any suggestions and/or advice would be most welcome.

Its an expensive way to see the show, as you can only pay to stay overnight at set rates, ie Thu-Sun incl (4 evenings = 14th-17th), Fri-Sun incl (3 evenings = 15th-17th) or Sat-Sun incl (2 evenings = 16th-17th), you can't pay just for Thu-Fri (14th-15th). :-S

flicka - 2011-03-19 8:03 PM

As Mel says you will not be able to stay the one night at Peterborough Show, without paying for the full period. So it would be an expensive option.

Try Ferry Meadows CC site. (less than 2 miles away)

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravanclubapps/applications/uk%20sites/Site%20Details.aspx?csid=21880

As an addendum to the advice above, you can still then go to the show as a day visitor. Although not sure of entry cost *-)

I missed stating the obvious, thanks BigMomma.

Just checked "Showgoer" - Day Admission is £7.50 per Adult, £2.00 per child.

Also there is a Shuttle bus service from the Showground into Peterborough (passes ferry Meadows)

"There will be a subsidised bus trip for campers to Peterborough on Saturday. Tickets will be £1.50 return for adults and 50p for children and can be purchased at the Information Office. The buses will pick up and drop off on a continuous basis from 9am with the last pick up from Peterborough at 4.30pm."

I have stayed at the Ferry Meadows site whilst visiting the show for one day whilst passing thro Peterborough. It is about a 20min level walk to the show.You walk out of the site up to the main road turn right and follow the road crossing over the roundabouts until you come to a round about with a large pub cross over the road and the pedestrian entrance is just down the road, We use the CC site as we can use the showers after along drive and dump our waste, before continuing our trip

Archived