Libya has kicked off then?

Guest pelmetman

malc d - 2011-03-20 2:17 PM

knight of the road - 2011-03-20 1:48 PM

malc d - 2011-03-20 12:23 PM

knight of the road - 2011-03-20 10:21 AM

How can Britain fight a war in Libya when the government are scrapping our armed forces? Do they propose to send in our boy scouts and girl guides?

No Malc.

They're looking for people who 'shoot from the hip' -' kill or be killed' and 'take no prisoners'

Do you know anyone like that ?

It could be said that I shoot from the hip and take no prisoners, but then again I am not an invester, I earn my crust from my own physical labour.

They're not looking for investers.

Warriors are required.

I just thought that as you often tell us that you 'shoot from the hip' 'take no prisoners ' etc, ( whatever that means) you might like to go instead of sending the boy scouts and girl guides.

Malc,

naughty naughty, I thought you were trying to trick me into saying that I dont shoot from the hip and take no prisioners, knowing full well that is what I described myself as sometime ago and then you would have said refer to what I previously said, or bring it up on a link to catch me out???

;-)

No trick at all Malc.

Your past descriptions of yourself seem to me just the sort of bloke we need when we get involved in these skirmishes.

I'd prefer that you went , rather than the government sending the scouts and guides as you mentioned above.

;-)

malc d - 2011-03-20 5:37 PM

No trick at all Malc.

Your past descriptions of yourself seem to me just the sort of bloke we need when we get involved in these skirmishes.

I'd prefer that you went , rather than the government sending the scouts and guides as you mentioned above.

;-)

The only time that I would wear a uniform and tote a weapon is if some hostile power Attacked Great Britain.

My heart bleeds for all these young lads coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan horribly mutilated for no good reason.

My grandson said he was going down to the army recruitment office to enlist, I threw him on the ground, beat him up and hit him with a scaffold pole and said dont you even think about it boy.

He did go down but fortunately he failed the exam cos he was too thick.

Guest pelmetman
knight of the road - 2011-03-20 5:59 PM

He did go down but fortunately he failed the exam cos he was too thick.

Blimey they must be getting fussy 8-) ..................... they let me in (lol)

Guest Peter James
antony1969 - 2011-03-20 2:32 PM

Gordon bleedin Brown releases a poor cancer stricken scumbag to see out his last few days at home and he's still walking the earth now .

Contrary to popular belief British Prisons are not convalescent homes, conditions in prisons are very bad for your health. Its hardly surprising that some people recover when they leave.

Back to topic. We have taken one side against another. Does anybody know anything about the side we are fighting for - or at least whether they will be better or worse than Gadaffi (?)

Guest Peter James
LordThornber - 2011-03-20 10:28 AM

Loss of life and all the other associated costs of unrest/war excepted, I'm not complaining about it.

It's yet another good opportunity to go into the market and exploit the volatility the markets show without fail on these occasions.

The markets hate uncertainty but investors like me love the yo yo effect, bring it on Gaddafi, bring it on.

Martyn

Whats your tip for a good investment then Martyn (?)

Peter James - 2011-03-20 6:54 PM

Does anybody know anything about the side we are fighting for - or at least whether they will be better or worse than Gadaffi (?)

And do people realise the impact we are going to bring upon ourselves. The league of Arab nations now going back on what they said they wanted US to do because they didn't want to be seen to be taking up arms against another Arab country. Now more fuel to the fire for the West against the Muslims. Our actions may have more impact on the people in the UK than you imagine, just wait and see *-)

Peter James - 2011-03-20 6:57 PM
LordThornber - 2011-03-20 10:28 AM Loss of life and all the other associated costs of unrest/war excepted, I'm not complaining about it. It's yet another good opportunity to go into the market and exploit the volatility the markets show without fail on these occasions. The markets hate uncertainty but investors like me love the yo yo effect, bring it on Gaddafi, bring it on. Martyn
Whats your tip for a good investment then Martyn (?)

Don't back horses Peter, especial the ones I back.

Dave

knight of the road - 2011-03-20 5:59 PM
malc d - 2011-03-20 5:37 PM No trick at all Malc. Your past descriptions of yourself seem to me just the sort of bloke we need when we get involved in these skirmishes. I'd prefer that you went , rather than the government sending the scouts and guides as you mentioned above. ;-)
The only time that I would wear a uniform and tote a weapon is if some hostile power Attacked Great Britain. My heart bleeds for all these young lads coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan horribly mutilated for no good reason. My grandson said he was going down to the army recruitment office to enlist, I threw him on the ground, beat him up and hit him with a scaffold pole and said dont you even think about it boy. He did go down but fortunately he failed the exam cos he was too thick.

Bloody hell malc, he'd have been safer in the army than with you, are sure he was to thick or to badly crippled 8-)

Dave

Guest Peter James
antony1969 - 2011-03-20 7:07 PM

Peter , Is that a serious post or is it as I hope a mickey take

I invested the minimum (about a pound) in about 20 mutuals (building societies inc Northern Rock, Bradford & Bingley etc) so reaped the rewards when they de mutualised. I have never been in favour of demutualisation. I voted against it even though I stood to profit from it. But since I failed to stop it, and someone was going to profit from it, then that someone might as well be me.

Peter , Since when do you recover from terminal cancer and what do you base your prisons are very bad for your health on . If you were locked up in some South American hellhole then I would agree , I would imagine a lot of inmates get better treatment inside than out

Archived