elddis problems

Guest alan

We took delivery of our crusader storm (feb 2005) loved the caravan then started to get major problems with the body of the van. Under the terms of the warranty we thought elddis would put it right WHAT A JOKE the side panels started creasing. On inspection by them the wooden frame in the panel has split. They say winding the steadies down unevenly has caused this or (EXTERNAL FORCES) have caused it.our dealer has told us its a write off and the van is worthless and the insurance wont touch it. They say its down to elddis. legal action now under way after 20 weeks of waiting. I WONT BE BUYING ANOTHER EXPLORER CARAVAN their warranty stinks. let me know if you have a similar problem please

Guest Frank Gordon
Alan: It's apparent from the number of postings listed that the Caravan Mart forum has a relatively small number of participants, so, if you are looking for specific feed-back, it might be worth you copying your enquiry to a range of forums. Visiting www.caravanninglinks.co.uk/information.htm#chat may be helpful to you.

• 1 month later...
Guest barry/ellen
we to have had proplems with elddis bought a brand new odyssey in 2003 up to present date it is still causing problems nearside wall had moved had to be reinforced this only one of many problems we have had with this caravan it has been backwards and forwords that many times we have lost count although it is still under warranty all i can say is just as well we never know what is going to happen next after writing a disgusting letter to the explorer group about the number of repairs to this caravan i am afraid they gave us no joy would not consider any compensation never again would we buy from explorer group

Archived