Can anyone help

Lovebus11

Yesterday i purchased privatley an Bedford Midi Autosleeper, i have been given limited information on what the Autosleeper model is.

Its a 1986 on a C Registration

It has brown stripes down the side which i presume are the Autosleeper logos and also a logo on the rise of the roof, i think its a 4 berth double at the back and somehow the roof converts.

Any help would be great.

Ill try to upload a photo which will help.

Picture.jpg.6e49714377f89a9d2c766bbf4e95bbda.jpg

Guest pelmetman

Welcome to the forum, Looks in lovely knick, you never know someone on the forum might recognise it as being theirs once :D

If you contact MMM you will probably be able to get a copy of an old test report ;-)

It has been very well looked after interior wise is immaculate, out side it failed its MOT needs some welding doing on the Sills and previous owner didnt want to repair.

The only thing i can find is its a Autosleeper Midi, but i cant really find anything on it via the tinterweb..

Guest pelmetman
Lovebus11 - 2011-03-25 12:15 PM

It has been very well looked after interior wise is immaculate, out side it failed its MOT needs some welding doing on the Sills and previous owner didnt want to repair.

The only thing i can find is its a Autosleeper Midi, but i cant really find anything on it via the tinterweb..

It is a Auto sleeper Midi :D .... are you trying to find out anything in particular ie its history, parts etc (?) As a MMM report will give you a good synopsis of the van when it first came out :D

Alternatively you could try Autosleepers themselves, or as has been suggested join the Autosleepers club, or maybe the classic campers club might be more beneficial :D

Hi Lovebus

I can't recall an Autosleeper model on the Bedford Midi, although grey cells are not what they were.

See here for a list of MMM Road Tests

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/userfiles/File/MMM%20tests%20Ace-Ci%20Europe.pdf

(but no Autosleeper/Bedford Midi combination shown)

Also same on the Autosleeper Owners Club models list.

In my recollection -The commonest conversions on the Bedford Midi were by Devon & Danbury.

If you need any spares/parts, have a look here

http://www.autopartstrader.co.uk/carparts/bedford/midi-van

Just checked the file and MMM never tested the Midi.

I have never seen one and I doubt there were many built.

The van is basically an Izuzu Fargo assembled in Luton by Bedford between 1985 and 94. Spares are normally only held by manufacturers for ten years after end of production but japanese vehicles of that era tended to be very rugged. Its more likely to rust out than wear out.

Guest pelmetman
If you can take some pictures of the interior, then that will confirm its a Autosleeper, as their style of cabinet making was very particular to them :D

Guest pelmetman

Yep :-D Looks like Autosleeper cabinet work from the 80's and I have to say it does look immaculate B-) ................Well worth spending a few quid on a bit of welding ;-)

Looks like you have got a nice van there, I would also get the campervan part serviced proffesionally :D

I have found a picture of a 87 Autosleeper Talisman and as you can see identical cabinet making and it looks like it might be the same fabric as yours as well B-)

2850189-625m.jpg.e7c533eb6a91974bc6333bdcd9fc999c.jpg

Archived