Old Photo.s from School

nowtelse2do

1footinthegrave - 2011-03-25 9:51 PM

Really only bother if you truly have "nowtels2do >:-(

I have a serious question for an increasing number of 'members' who post on here,

When you signed up for this forum, was there a section on the registration page that asked

............[] Please tick this box to relinquish all traces of a sense of humour .

Guest peter

My sentiments entirely Donna, and some have the nerve to call me a miserable old git. (amongst other things no doubt)

Although probably a MOG too, but not for that reason, I did not bother. The main reason was the school I went to stopped class photographs and used single ones instead. As many of us, ok boys, felt that getting photographed as a spotty teenager, was not 'cool' we tried to avoid it at all costs. I know grannies etc loved to have them, but I managed to skip until I had to get one for a passport. Nowadays even that is something you would not show your worst enemy as you have to look so much like a convict to get it approved.

I know my school did a 'reunion' 30 years after we had all left, but as I was out of the UK at the time, I missed that as well.

Sorry, but although school was ok, I was very happy to walk out the gates on the last day, and look forward to life for real.

Hi. I'm glad that humor is not totally 'DEAD & BURIED' in this day of age, when lots of people are struggling to make end's meet. If it's any consolation Mandy & Andy, I was caught out twice with it. This last one was sent to me by a family history member who I'm in contact with. :-D

Dave 

Dave225 - 2011-03-28 2:31 PM

Sorry, but although school was ok, I was very happy to walk out the gates on the last day, and look forward to life for real.

I'm with Dave here.

You know that old saying, "Your school days are the happiest days of your life?"

It's always struck me as kind of depressing, and I'm delighted to report that IT'S A LIE!

I never joined the "Old Boys' Association," and when I looked on "Friends Reunited" a few years back, the main thing I noticed was what boring lives most of them had. They'd all made loadsa money and taken early retirement, but I wouldn't swap with any of them for the life I've got!

Guest 1footinthegrave
donna miller - 2011-03-27 11:37 AM

1footinthegrave - 2011-03-25 9:51 PM

Really only bother if you truly have "nowtels2do >:-(

I have a serious question for an increasing number of 'members' who post on here,

When you signed up for this forum, was there a section on the registration page that asked

............[] Please tick this box to relinquish all traces of a sense of humour .

Here's a serious answer.

We don't all laugh at the same things you know, so it's not about a lack of a sense of humour, and if we were all to post bogus threads and links to these type of jokes these forums would become less than useless to members looking for genuine information, especially as the post ( if it had been serious ) would have been of genuine interest to me. I am bound to say that if you want to post or read juvenile stuff why not join facebook or something similar.

Archived