FERRY PRICES

jointerjohn

Have just been surfing around for a return crossing to france probably dover -calais 13th june approx for three weeks, 7.5 mtr rapido, best price seems to be £95, can any one tell me ? is this the best price i am going to get. Got a reasonable (£200) return portsmouth -cherbourg, with condor but only allows you to input up to 6.5 mtrs, do they not take any thing longer? any advice welcome,thanks

Guest JudgeMental
around £100 seems to be the going rate unless prepared to go middle of the nght, and then not that much cheaper.....I pay about 20% more to use the tunnel, a far convenient and better way to get across IMO :-D

Guest Peter James
Best price on the channel I got was P&O going out and DFDS coming back. Serafrance keep spamming me with special offers but they were still dearer than the others.

If you are a CC member the £27 each way sailings are still available. So that is £54 return, not middle of the night either ours is middle of the day, so £95 is certainly not the best available. Keep getting e-mail offers for £29 and £31 from the usual carriers as well.

Bas

Guest pelmetman
I've started using Tesco for my fuel now so I can get the points :D.....You have to be careful though pulled into a Tesco Express today and because the garage part is Esso no points :-(

Basil's right. I just booked a return journey from Dover to Dunkirk through the Caravan Club. Norfolkline £54! Thought it was a mistake, but no. Cheaper than the Isle of Wight b****y ferry!

Reasonable times too, 1400 hrs outbound and return.

From Dover to Calais by Seafrance, also through CClub quoted £140!!!http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_evil.gif

>:-(

bazooka - 2011-03-26 4:30 PM

Hi Terry,but is'nt there a fuel surcharge of £12.

Baz (?)

The way I read it not on the crossing wanted (13th June) nor on my crossing 22 May but yes, some crossings do have a £15 surcharge.

"A £15 each way supplement applies to all departures from 27th May - 5th June 2011"

stantheman - 2011-03-26 8:09 PM

Basil's right. I just booked a return journey from Dover to Dunkirk through the Caravan Club. Norfolkline £54! Thought it was a mistake, but no. Cheaper than the Isle of Wight b****y ferry!

From Dover to Calais by Seafrance, also through CClub quoted £140!!!http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_evil.gif

Last year I booked through the CCC but when I wanted to change to another sailing I was told the Ferry was full. I checked with the Ferry operator and they confirmed that there was space. It appears that the CCC have an allocation and once used that's it. I have been assured by the CC that this is not the case with them but worth keeping in mind.

terryW - 2011-03-27 10:38 AM

stantheman - 2011-03-26 8:09 PM

Last year I booked through the CCC but when I wanted to change to another sailing I was told the Ferry was full. I checked with the Ferry operator and they confirmed that there was space. It appears that the CCC have an allocation and once used that's it. I have been assured by the CC that this is not the case with them but worth keeping in mind.

When I was booking my crossing with Stena Line (Stranraer-Belfast) using Tesco vouchers, I was told that they only had a limited number/allocation of these types of discounted crossings, which is what I assume the CC and CCC type of crossings are.

hi, just got back from france, we used norfolk line, cost 73.00 for hymer and car transporter trailer, around 32 feet overall. I think norfolk line is the only company to show their prices on the wed site, unlike the silly airline type pricing used by the other companys. We did use britney ferries from poole for the outward leg, as it was only the car, they wanted near 200 pounds one way, and over 700 pounds return with the motorhome etc. on the way out there was no more then 20 people on the ferry plus staff, and no lorries at all, makes one wonder why they don,t drop their silly prices.

michael

Archived