Transformer/Rectifier defunct on Hymer S700G, Mercedes 412D

altona56

Last year a devotee of this excellent publication had the above problem and rather than go for an expensive new Electroblock you advised him of a cheaper alternative in the UK. At the time, being free of those irritants, I paid insufficient attention with the result that I now have to ask YOU for help in locating that article, if that's reasonable.

I have 220V input to the Transformer when on a 220V supply, but no 12 V is being delivered to the Living Area Batteries. I have no idea what caused the defect, as due to the solar panels I was slow to detect the fault and the electrical indicator panel has no provision for 220 V.

Of course, all fuses have been checked on the transformer, living area batteries, starter battery, etc. and replaced as req. (Starter Battery fuse had blown, Living Area fuse showed sigs of overheating.

Can you help, please?

Guest Tracker

Might it be easier to get a good 12v battery charger and perhaps create a mains socket for it in an accesible position close to the batteries and then leave it, secured in place to prevent movement, plugged it in and connected to the battery and simply switch it on or off as needed?

It would certainly make a temporary fix?

If you have solar panels and are in The Algarve, I would think that you have no rush to get a repair. I am assuming that you have the SP wired direct to the battery. If they are wired to the solar input on the EBL then it is an easy job to wire them direct to the leisure battery/batteries.

You MUST use a regulator or you will boil those batteries, otherwise I agree.

For a charger perhaps fitting a Ctek 25 amp jobbie like many other have done will provide a more reliable solution to the Elektroblock.

C.

Archived