German 8mm S/S Black Gas Pipe - Suppliers?

lunarmike

Guest peter
Get 8mm copper pipe instead from B&Q etc. You can bend it easily and it won't rust. If it's somewhere it can't get damaged it should be o/k. Don't forget to get some olives as well.

Yes I already have 8mm copper, but it is difficult to get the correct brass olives to fit copper pipe to German Truma manifolds and GOK couplings (they use s/s olives with the stainless steel pipe).

These manifolds and couplings use a different olive which have a longer taper on one end and a slight collar or step on the other end.

Ordinary UK brass olives should not be used with this type of connection as they do not bite into the copper pipe as they should - they can slide off under pressure!

Also, brass olives in steel manifolds and couplings are only certified up to 25 bar according to GOK who are one the main suppliers of gas fittings for German motorhomes. The standard pressure is now 30 bar in caravans and motorhomes!

Guest ChrisB
lunarmike - 2011-03-27 11:14 PM

The standard pressure is now 30 bar in caravans and motorhomes!

Shouldn't this be 30 millibar? Not an expert but this is what it says on my fittings.

Also I've always found it better to use (softer) copper olives than hard brass if available (at least for water).

Chris

Archived