What towcar

Mickydripin

Peugeot 106 Citroen C1 or the Toyota Aygo are I believe the same car made on the same line in the same factory. Last time I looked the Citroen badged one was the cheapest. Its better VFM than the ugly wart of Smart car.

Over!

C.

Hi Mickydripin,

We have a Suzuki Alto SZ4 - very light kerb weight, 5 doors, drop down rear seats, air con, cheap to buy, 3 year 60k warranty, £20 RFL etc. etc.

So far we are very happy with it - done about 9000 miles to date.

Worth a look in my opinion.

Cheers,

John & Anne.

Suzuki Alto SZ4 855 kg 3 cylinder 1 litre

Citroen C1 790 kg kg 3 cylinder 1 litre P 890 Kg 4 cylinder 1.5 D

Toyota Aygo 790 kg kg 3 cylinder 1 litre P 890 Kg 4 cylinder 1.5 D

Peugeot 106 790 kg kg 3 cylinder 1 litre P 890 Kg 4 cylinder 1.5 D

Ford Ka (Fiat) 870–962 kg 4 cylinder 1.2 P 4 cylinder 1.3 litre P

Smart Car (Mitsubishi) 795 - 830 kg 3 cyl 0.8 turbo P 3 cyl 0.8L turbo D

Hope that helps.

C.

What about the little Kia (something or other), which I think has 7 years warranty.

Alternatively how about a look on the 'Buy & Sell' part of the website as there are some second hand ones there with 'A' frames going reasonably priced.

Guest peter

It's the Kia Picanto Mel. We've just bought one for towing and it's great. Unlike the others, everything's included, aircon, the lot and it will tow 700Kgs itself. Nice looking car too. We bought a 2008 (08) for £4750 with 20k miles and absolutely imaculate.

Anyone looking for a small car should have a look, I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

The sites we have used and loved in France and Italy had NO car hire facility.

In fact most sites have no car hire facility. (we were 10s of miles from a major town with car hire)

'A' frame was our salvation! Matiz with air con was great for exploring.

We have a Peugeot 107 cost £5995 January 2011, the same as Citroen C1 and Toyota Aygo, all built at same factory in Czechslovakia. I am 6'2" and have plenty of room, it is a delight to drive and park but some road noise. No tax this year, £20 next year. Does 50 to the gallon. Only disadvantage is we are used to central locking so have to remember to lock the passenger door. Look at the special deals on the national websites.

Archived