Inspector Morse

antony1969

Sorry about that , I have just bought the box set of all Inspector Morse episodes , brilliant . I can watch them forever , John Thaw is Morse with no effort he was made for the role . I was wondering who or what is everybody elses favourite TV cop show and if anybody says Cagney and Lacey they can get stu........

When I was younger it used to be "Starsky and Hutch", then eventually it changed to "Hill Street Blues", then "NYPD Blue".

Now I like "NCIS" (navy police), and "CSI: New York", plus "Criminal Minds" (FBI), but my favourite is now "The Closer", which, unfortunately, isn't shown on standard UK TV.

As for British TV, used to like "The Bill" when it first came out in 30mins episodes, but when it changed to 60mins it went down hill.

As a related programme, ie to do with the Law, I have really enjoyed the short "Silk" series which finished last night ... really, really well written and leaves you wanting to watch more and more.

Can't stand "Waking the Dead" though, watched it up until this week when it just went really stupid again on Sunday so can't be bothered with it now, it really is long and drawn out and feels like an excuse to employ the actors!

PS: I always felt sorry for poor old Harvey Lacey! :D

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2011-03-30 6:48 PM

You forgot The Professionals in the all time classic Capri cars

And the bloke perm 8-)

Archived