Fiat Ducato parts wanted.

Stew

I've got an Autotrail Chieftain on the Fiat Ducato chassis with the Alko twin rear axles. 2.8idTD 1999. What I would like to know are the handbrake cables (both of them) Fiat items or Alco items, I also need the nuts for the end of the stub axles for the 4 rear hubs (rear wheel bearings require adjustment and re greasing). Part numbers would be great.

Any help (Euroserv) greatly received. :-D

Stew

Hello,

Although I expect that the parts used will be original Fiat items; I don't know and can't tell from the parts disc what Al-Ko have done to the chassis since leaving the Fiat factory.

The Fiat items can be bought from aftermarket sources and whoever is doing the job needs to measure the new ones, and compare that with what you have got; make sure that the fittings are the same and go from there but this is one of those jobs I can't do from a distance! That's why it is so important to build a relationship with a local garage that will 'have a look' at a reasonable cost.

Oh, and if the rear bearings are original Fiat items and you think they need 'adjusting' there is no adjustment.

Nick

While you have the grease gun out, remember to grease the torsion bars on the axle. It means a new complete axle if you neglect it.

Put about 10 pumps of good quality grease into each grease nipple. There is one at each side of the axle just inboard of the wheels (on the underside). It should be done once a year and you need to jack up the van to get the weight off the axle while you do it (most important). ;-)

Thanks for replies so far, I will obviously have to look into this further to see what is required. The brake cylinders are Lucas, so does that point more to Al-Ko hubs etc rather than being Fiat? The wheel bearings are conical with single use nuts, hence why I need new ones if the old ones are removed.

Stew.

Hi,

I had to get a new cable from ALKO the Fiat ducato one I purchased didn't fit, as for the rest of the disks calipers etc etc. ALKO told me they try to use as much of the orginal Fiat equipemnt as possible, so pads, disks, calipers on mine were all obtainable from Fiat or aftermarket parts.

As has already been said I'm sure you could get a new cable made, but from memory the one direct from ALKO wasn't that expensive, albeit I didn't actually compare prices.

Hope that helps

Well rung Al-ko and got the following reply

"The part numbers required are 224286 and 224362. Both cables are priced at £84.12 each + VAT, carriage would be £13.00 + VAT. Delivery would be approximately 2 weeks.".

That works out at £116.54 each, which I think is a little bit expensive, what do others think?

Stew

Stew - 2011-04-06 11:30 AM

Well rung Al-ko and got the following reply

"The part numbers required are 224286 and 224362. Both cables are priced at £84.12 each + VAT, carriage would be £13.00 + VAT. Delivery would be approximately 2 weeks.".

That works out at £116.54 each, which I think is a little bit expensive, what do others think?

Stew

Stew,

Try the links I gave above they will be cheaper, they may even know what you need without sending

them a cable.

Dave

Archived