Edward Stobart, RIP

nightrider

I see that Edward Stobart has died of a suspected heart attack at the age of 56, 56 eh, thats no age.

His dad Eddie the original founder of the company is still going strong in his 80's, I read some months ago that Edward was banned from driving for driving under the influence of the old demon drink.

I seem to recall that he hadn't had anything to do with the company though for a long time, as his brother bought him out a good few years ago as he wanted to expand the company when it was struggling and eventually turned it into the massive business it is now.

I'm sure there will be a lot of sad people out there now, and my condolences to his family.

Edward built Stobarts into the iconic brand it is. He pioneered truck driving at 56mph before it became a legal requirement. He sold out to his brother and Andrew Tinkler who have made it more of a business than an icon by reducing the number of empty miles a truck will run and using trains where appropriate. A great business thanks to Edwards' vision and his brother/Tinkler's business acumen.

Despite all this, Stobarts is still dwarfed by the big players such as DHL, Nobby Dressingtable, Wincanton.

Brock - 2011-04-01 8:59 PM

Edward built Stobarts into the iconic brand it is. He pioneered truck driving at 56mph before it became a legal requirement. He sold out to his brother and Andrew Tinkler who have made it more of a business than an icon by reducing the number of empty miles a truck will run and using trains where appropriate. A great business thanks to Edwards' vision and his brother/Tinkler's business acumen.

Despite all this, Stobarts is still dwarfed by the big players such as DHL, Nobby Dressingtable, Wincanton.

Nobby Dressingtable ha ha I like that one (lol) but for Edward to die at 56, he must have been under some enormous pressure.

Archived