Bank Bonuses - back to normal here

Usinmyknaus

Over the past couple of weeks the early morning (pre 7.00 am) calm has been shattered as the roar of newly-acquired supercars heralds the start of the showing off phase during the regular commute.

Yesterday the next stage became more evident, switching from seeking to impress fellow commuters to tooling around the town on Sundays, blasting up and down the high street and generally being a pain. There were plenty of Ferraris, Lambos and Astons both new and classic plus many other exotica. Those in new, but lesser sports cars obviously had some way to go on the corporate ladder.

As history repeats itself, Phase 3 will be evident when we see the sale of more exceptional period houses, in the best locations, which relatively young philistines will then vandalise by ripping out finely manicured, mature, bird - filled hedges and replacing them with Stalag Luft 6 style, ugly brown, close boarded security fences, vast brick gate pillars and huge, electric security gates and associated CCTV paraphenalia. Pretty lanes, appreciated and enjoyed by many walkers but already scarred by earlier bonus rounds, will become darker, more urbanised road-like places.

Oh yes, the bankers (and other bonus recipients) are back to normal here......

Bob *-)

Guest pelmetman

Now you see why we left down South for quieter parts :D

A knob head is still a knob head whether he's got money or not (lol) (lol)

I still have to go down Souf once a fortnight *-) ..............I am glad when I get back up here to civilisation (lol) (lol).............where the flash gits drive new tractors B-)

pelmetman - 2011-04-04 9:26 AM

Now you see why we left down South for quieter parts :D

A knob head is still a knob head whether he's got money or not (lol) (lol)

I still have to go down Souf once a fortnight *-) ..............I am glad when I get back up here to civilisation (lol) (lol).............where the flash gits drive new tractors B-)

Well said - we are already plotting our escape. I think a large proportion of our motorhome trips in the next 2 years will be to scout out potential permanent retirement bolt-holes away from the madness of the home counties' commuter belt.

Bob

Guest pelmetman
Usinmyknaus - 2011-04-06 8:09 AM

Well said - we are already plotting our escape. I think a large proportion of our motorhome trips in the next 2 years will be to scout out potential permanent retirement bolt-holes away from the madness of the home counties' commuter belt.

Bob

Good idea Bob :-D............................ We found our camper the ideal way to go house hunting B-)

Usinmyknaus - 2011-04-04 9:18 AM

Over the past couple of weeks the early morning (pre 7.00 am) calm has been shattered as the roar of newly-acquired supercars heralds the start of the showing off phase during the regular commute.

Yesterday the next stage became more evident, switching from seeking to impress fellow commuters to tooling around the town on Sundays, blasting up and down the high street and generally being a pain. There were plenty of Ferraris, Lambos and Astons both new and classic plus many other exotica.

Bob *-)

And this is what they do with them.........*-)

Recession?...........what recession??

Bulletguy - 2011-04-07 12:31 PM

Usinmyknaus - 2011-04-04 9:18 AM

Yesterday the next stage became more evident, switching from seeking to impress fellow commuters to tooling around the town on Sundays, blasting up and down the high street and generally being a pain. There were plenty of Ferraris, Lambos and Astons both new and classic plus many other exotica.

Bob *-)

And this is what they do with them.........*-)

Recession?...........what recession??

Thanks for that - looks like a lot of paperwork! I wonder how much insurance premium went up?

Bob

Archived