Fiat X250 Deadlocks

bobalobs

Am I missing something?

Our 2010 van has factory fitted deadlocks. Pressing the remote button twice as directed there are two distinct clicks as if the deadlocks are operating but it is still possible to open the doors with the in door cab and habitation handles. The handbook warns of the danger of locking oneself in if the deadlocks are set when in the van. I only checked this out when a friend has a similar experience with a brand new Adria twin and was told by the dealer that you are not allowed to use deadlocks in a habitation area!! To me that must be b------s as it makes deadlocks worthless on a camper van.

I have tried to set the deadlocks manually by turning the "metal" key anticlockwise in the drivers door and also checked all doors are properly closed. No luck. Any ideas? I assume others have checked and just not relied on the clunking noise as I did! As it is any thief just needs to break a window and open the door from the inside.

Two possibilities.  Your van does not have deadlocks.  Your van's deadlocks have been programmed out of use via vehicle electronics.  I suggest a visit to a Fiat commercial main dealer to check the van spec from the chassis number, and then possibly re-programme them back into use if fitted.

Blimey, you got me worried. I've been religiously deadlocking every time I I leave the van, assumiing that it's deadlocked on hearing the double clunk. So just been out to check ours and you can't open any door from the inside when it's deadlocked.

So very relieved at that. I think you need to get yours checked as it sounds like as if there's a problem. Silly question perhaps, but are you deadlocking it correctly? I use one press to lock followed immediately by a double press to deadlock.

I never use the deadlocks when in the van for obvious reasons. But if we're parked up in what looks like a dodgy area we'll set the alarm but disable the internal sensor.

Roly

Many thanks Roly and not a stupid question!! I hoped I was missing something and this forum has shown how stupid I am!! Having closed the door I was doing " two clicks" but not making the second click a double click. At least I am not the only person who has misread the manual and I will tell my Adria owning friend to pass the info on to his supplying dealer!!

Many thanks to all that responded so quickly

No, you're not stupid. I seem to remember when our van was brand new I had trouble getting it to deadlock because I was doing exactly the same as you. I also seem to remember that the owners manual is somewhat ambiguous.

I wonder how many others think they are deadlocking when in fact they're not?

Anyway, glad you've got it sorted.

Roly

The plot possibly thickens! I told my Adria Twin friend of RolyK advice that has solved my problem and he has just rung back to say it has not solved his problem. Told him Brian''s views in the matter and he will be contacting his local Fiat commercial dealer for clarification. It raises the question as to whether it is a one off fault with the Adria orwhether Fiat/Adria have deactivated the deadlocks as Brian seems to think possible for fear of litigation if someone finds themselves locked in and an emergency arises. Perhaps the salesman was not talking B------s!! But surely you do not fit deadlocks on ly to deactivate them??!!

citreon/ possl 2win 2009 you can hear solinoids working on double click.was told deadlocks are deactavated by converter dethleff s / hymer do not list them ! was also told german converted vans are all same !

intrested to know if this only here & not in uk . would like reactivate my van any info on this please

Is this something 'new' on X250....I have a2007 Burstner version with central locking on the cab doors, which can be set on the remote fob,or by manually locking the cab door from outside with the key, or from the buttons on the dashboard.

I'm not aware on any ability to deadlock these.

The 'caravan' door is not included and has to be locked manually with the key from outside.

I may be wrong but I think the offer of dead locks has been more recent than 2007. As far as I can see the central switches on the dashboard do not set the deadlocks but it is only through "double clicking" on the key fob that the deadlocks are set. Prove me wrong again. Go out to your van, press the dashboard lock symbols and see if you are locked in. And don't sue me if you can not get out!!

We've had a bit of a debate recently on here about the deadlock function on Ford Transits.

My (German-converted) 'van has them, and they are standard on current Mk7 UK-market Transits, but a number of people have found that they are not present on their Mk7 conversion.

I suspec from subsequent debate that they are not standard fit on Transits in all markets.

Following up the same train of thought, according to current Fiat documentation, deadlocks are standard fitment on all UK-market Ducatos, but a similar peruse of German documentation indicates they are not standard, but offered as an option.

So, whether you have them or not looks like it depends on a combination of the market the original base vehicle was sold into, and in some markets, whether the converter ordered the vehicle with or without the option.

2008 Peugeot X250 PVC

Single Fob Click doors lock indicators flash once internal console lock flashes red and stays red

Double Fob Clicks doors deadlock, indicators flash three times, red light on internal console lock goes out and van cannot be opened from inside.

If van locked solely via console lock button red light comes on but van does not deadlock.

Just checked it out - again.

I thought that the handbook was less than clear in its info,however I can confirm that thanks

to this thread that it was the person reading it who was less than clear. My new pride and joy

(fiferswb on citroen relay), is actually deadlocked. C.

Archived