Hello Forumites.

Barbarian

Hello all, Been away almost 3 weeks now, we are currently on an Aire with frree water at Altura, near Castro Marim, Portugal. I am in the Central Sports Cafe Bar with a large beer, fairly priced at 2 euros, also includes a free secure WiFi.

We have not strayed very far yet, been on this Aire for 2 weeks but did go to visit friends at Quatiera last week. The MH has been great, no problems. The new Tom Tom GO LIVE 1005 has been brilliant, even HWMBO is impressed.

The weather has been good and is getting hotter by the day. We will be moving for the Easter weekend as we are told it gets very busy here, we are planning to go to the campsite at Islas do Faro, they are now allowing tourists on, last time we came it was Portuguese only.

We hope all is well with you all, will update you as and when but it will not be daily or a blog (whatever that is) (?)

Best wishes to you all, regards barbarian B-) B-)

Guest pelmetman
Barbarian - 2011-04-08 4:09 PM

The weather has been good and is getting hotter by the day. We will be moving for the Easter weekend

Best wishes to you all, regards barbarian B-) B-)

Glad your having a great time B-) .............It not so bad over here today :-D......................note to self :D.... must repaint the summer house :D

DSCN2045web.jpg.ebe9a05880e28ceee27a98d13e59acc9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, and a BIG THANK YOU Pelmetman, since my last message we have had a week of rain, wind and sunny intervals :-S But we are alive and still having fun. I am in the 'van' HWMBO is in the shower and we are going out to eat, and maybe drink!

Currently on the Campismo Praia Faro a full 5 Euros a day. We have only done 44 miles since my first message from Altura, but have not been on a site or had WiFi access. Today is our first night on a site since we arrived. Went ot Tavira and did all our laundry and done it all again today, it's a hard life.

Moving on tomorrow further alonf the coast towards Sagres then heading North on the West Coast to take a slow run back on the Coastal route through Spain and France, no return date planned.

Anyway she is showered and ready to go, take care all and don't forget the sun block!! B-)

Regards barbarian

Hello Ian, I like the (no return planned yet) bit, looks like you are enjoying yourselves. Good luck and keep safe, Ooh by the way, keep your eye's on the road when you are getting to the French/Spanish border (both side's) there are a lot of ladies that keep waving at you for some reason (lol)

Dave

Archived