maxview sat dish

nasher

Our previous van had one of these systems fitted when we bought it. Is it already fitted or are you fitting it yourself?

If fitted then you should have a small electronic box which controls the elevation of the dish and then you need to rotate the dish manually to 28.2deg east of south. Here in France I think we had to put it on about 31, it starts at a minus figure, press the up arrow and stop it when you think it is right.

There is a website called dishpointer.com that will give you the elevation that you need for a particular location and also the position of the dish.

If it is not fitted and you are going to do it yourself I think there are instructions on the Maxview website.

The cable from the LNB goes to the electronic box and then another cable goes from the box the the digibox.

In most cases we found the Semitronic easy to use and much better than the Teleco crankup we had previously. The only problem we had was that occasionally the LNB would stick to the dish so just had to release it. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info, the dish is already fitted to the van, i can raise and lower it and i can rotate it, but does the setting 28.2 degrees come up on the screen in the control. Hope you can understand what i mean.

nasher - 2011-04-12 9:39 PM

Thanks for the info, the dish is already fitted to the van, i can raise and lower it and i can rotate it, but does the setting 28.2 degrees come up on the screen in the control. Hope you can understand what i mean.

No, it is only the elevation that appears on the screen. You have to put your compass outside the van on a flat surface and turn the dish in the direction of 28.2 deg east of south when you look on your compass. You will probably not find it immediately so you have to make very small movements of the dish and wait about 20 seconds between each turn. It also depends on which digibox you are using, if using a Sky box then it is a bit harder to find, a generic digibox will have a gauge built in that shows signal quality and signal strength.

There is a website www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk that explains how to find the right satellite.

Not sure how you can get as accurate as 28.2 but no real need to bother. I simple point my dish south and rotate towards the east until I get a signal, rarely takes more than a minute. Sometimes do not even bother with that just look out of the window see where everyone else is pointing and start from there. You will always point a little differant to europeon vans but not by much. I use a Dreambox 500 which reacts very fast, it has a signal strenth meter but again I do not bother with it. It takes a little practice but you will soon get the hang of it.

Archived