service periods

snitrats

Advice please, I have a 2009 (May) Escape with a Fiat 2.2 100bhp engine with a milage of 4700 miles.The hand book says 1st service is 25K , but this is far to long for a low milage motorhome.

What do you motorhome gerus recommend ? Also when are habitation services required ? The hand books seem a bit vauge on the subject :-S

The Fiat service book clearly states 'their is a minumum service requirement in the form of low mileage annual service which must take place within one month/1000 either side of anniversary date. If you do less than 25,000 a year the service is once every twelve months. Depends on van I guess but the hab service is usually the same.

rupert123 - 2011-04-13 10:08 PM

The Fiat service book clearly states 'their is a minumum service requirement in the form of low mileage annual service which must take place within one month/1000 either side of anniversary date. If you do less than 25,000 a year the service is once every twelve months. Depends on van I guess but the hab service is usually the same.

Only applies to UK supplied vans European vans it is 45000km /28000m no annual requirement. brought our van in Belgium no requirement for a habitation service just the annual damp check.

lennyhb - 2011-04-13 11:23 PM

rupert123 - 2011-04-13 10:08 PM

Only applies to UK supplied vans European vans it is 45000km /28000m no annual requirement. brought our van in Belgium no requirement for a habitation service just the annual damp check.

I assume, maybe wrong, this is a UK bought van with the three year warrenty, unlike euro vans with only two year.

colin - 2011-04-13 11:51 PM

The 120's and above have 45,000km service but with oil and filter at 12months and brake fluid and pollen filter at 24months.

The 100 as per OP, have 40,000km service plus the time limited items.

Their are no time limited items, it is as I stated full service every twelve months if under 25,000 miles.

HI,

thanks for your help. I am sure you are correct with the 12 month service period. However I have searched the Fiat Proffessional service book, the Motorhome warranty & service book & the users manual, and can find no service periods except every 25K. Perhaps you would be good enough to point out where this information is ? I ask this to show the local dealer who has not got a clew either!

many Thanks

HI,

thanks for your help. I am sure you are correct with the 12 month service period. However I have searched the Fiat Proffessional service book, the Motorhome warranty & service book & the users manual, and can find no service periods except every 25K. Perhaps you would be good enough to point out where this information is ? I ask this to show the local dealer who has not got a clew either!

many Thanks

HI,

many Thanks

snitrats - 2011-04-14 11:41 AM

HI,

many Thanks

In my Service and warranty booklet for motorhomes it is in the 'regular service' section under the heading 'service intervals'. I also have listed a 'low annual mileage annual service' with a list of operations to be carried out. In my booklet these are on pages 14 & 15.

HI,

many Thanks

If your vehicle is European sourced it will not have an annual service requirement and only a 2 year warranty. If your van is from a German, French or other European conversion it will fall into this category.

snitrats - 2011-04-14 12:50 PM

It would seem we have a different set of service books! (?)

It would seem we do as my van to is a Swift. In this case you would only need to stick with the Fiat service book requirements to keep warrantee going. Personally I would still get a service once a year though. You could, of course telephone Fiat customer services and ask them.

snitrats - 2011-04-14 2:05 PM

Its a Swift escape 644 (!)

Just had another thought for you. A really usefull site for all this stuff is the Fiat Camper website at www.fiatcamper.com. It is worth registering and you will find most answers. The service bit is in the FAQ part. You can also put in your chassis number to check for any recalls.

HI,

many Thanks

Here's the pages from my owners handbook 10/2010- 8 edition

p.s. if you click on 'fiat1.tif' it should download, page two I had trouble getting it small enough

Fiat1.tif

Fiat2.jpg.ffc7b60d82776c751b66694fde89d7e3.jpg

JamesFrance - 2011-04-14 7:56 PM

I see it suggests an oil & filter change with coolant every two years for low mileage.

The UK suppliers just like to get more money from you with their compulsory checks. I remember all that with a Bessacar 765 we had in the past.

James that is plain daft, nothing to do with UK suppliers, Fiat issue the service books.

JamesFrance - 2011-04-15 7:44 AM

Somebody said that an annual service was required to maintain the UK 3 year warranty. I was referring to that. The Swift warranty also required an expensive annual inspection, or has that now been found to be an illegal condition? It was about 12 years ago.

Things seem to have moved on a bit. Swift still require an annual service, at least mine does which was purchased in 2008 but it is not expensive. My Fiat base required an annual low mileage service but this, as I said is a Fiat requirement so not imposed by a UK company. However because my service book and another poster on here's service book appeared to differ I looked it up on the Fiat Professional web site. On here the service requirments have now changed and for anyone interested they can go on the site and check. When my warranty is out, this year I will keep up the habitation service yearly but change my base service to 24 months, I do around 9000 miles a year in the van so would seem about right.

Archived