Calais Aire

jenkothewanderer

Guest JudgeMental
We spent a very comfortable and extremely quiet night on the free Aire at City de Europe on Wednesday night...about the 4th time we have used it and right next to the Euro tunnel

Well done Judge. Really annoyed that in the new edition of the "All the Aires" the reviewer has stated "Not Recommended Overnight" for this aire, based on what I do no. This is the only entry I have found in the book that is not factual and I am surprised it was not edited out as it is an opinion only.

Have also stayed overnight at the ferry terminal.

Can't see your problem. When you get there you either pay or go somewhere else. If you want to know because you don't want to pay then sleep on the car park where the ticket office is, its very quiet at night, we stayed there twice in the last two weeks. If you are ok with paying then just make sure you have some change in Euros.

Guest Peter James

Another non answer for you. ;-)

In between the aire and Calais town centre is the large Church of Notre Dame. In front of it is a good internet cafe open 12 hours a day 7 days a week. Handy for booking a ferry online avoiding the rip off prices at the port ticket office.

Guest Peter James
Minstrel - 2011-04-15 5:01 PM

We didn't pay in March but I think they start charging in April.

We usually stay overnight at the ferry port. No facilities for disposing of waste but I assume there are Loos in the terminal buidling

loos and good free showers in the terminal building (second floor)

Guest JudgeMental
kelly58 - 2011-04-15 7:21 PM

We stopped at City Europe Sunday night 11th and there were 4 other motorhomes there with us 1 UK 3 French and all was ok

there where only 6 or 7 when we stayed there Wendesday.... I really dont get this herding mentality, when a completely peaceful overnight stop with excellent shopping on the doorstep, approx 1 mile from ferry port, but instead people pick a noisy area with ships, trucks, and campers coming and going at all times....... it beggars belief lol

The aire at Cite Europe. What facilities does it have? and where actually is it. We come off the Euro Tunnel 1st May11.

We overnighted at Calais Municipal last Sept., excellent site, but was so noisy from the rumble of the ferries. Got no sleep!

The aire at Cite Europe. What facilities does it have? and where actually is it. We come off the Euro Tunnel 1st May11.

We overnighted at Calais Municipal last Sept., excellent site, but was so noisy from the rumble of the ferries. Got no sleep!

Guest JudgeMental
BrianBW - 2011-04-16 11:26 AM

No facilities just parking. next to coach park (follow signs) right next to shopping centre (city de europe)

On Boulavard du Kent

• 3 months later...

We had an attempted break in at City europe when shopping last year. This makes me a little nervous about overnight stopping. We are however returning to UK via the tunnel in mid August and are looking for a close overnight stop. Do you think City Europe is a safe overnight stop??

Archived