Too many sausages

Dave and Verity

Hi all

First post so be gentle........

Went to use fridge without hook up for the first time in twelve months...... no joy, constant clicking as it tried too light, nothing else. Plenty of gas, used hot water all weekend and plenty of battery life.

Ended up barbequed out!

Any ideas?

Dave

Guest JudgeMental

welcome! :-D

Normally gas gets there eventually after a lay up....I usually leave the hob on for a bit and this sucks enough fresh gas up and it starts after a time :-S

If you are just putting gas back into operation after a lay off depress the gas flow monitor's button on the gas pressure regulator for a few seconds. Make sure van is fairly level, fridge being tilted can stop operation, assume it works ok on electric.

Dave and Verity - 2011-04-18 2:16 PM

Hi all

First post so be gentle........

Went to use fridge without hook up for the first time in twelve months...... no joy, constant clicking as it tried too light, nothing else. Plenty of gas, used hot water all weekend and plenty of battery life.

Ended up barbequed out!

Any ideas?

Dave

Hi Dave (forever now known at the Sausage Scoffer!) - welcome to the mad house! :-D

If your fridge hasn't been used on gas for 12 months, I would suggest you look to get it cleaned / serviced / checked over, it could simply be that the gas jet is blocked up with gunge, the flue may be blocked etc, etc. At least with it clicking you know the ignitor is trying to work.

Thanks All,

Control panel is turned on.

Make and Model: Rimor Katamarano 6 2007

Will try holding the control knob in and lighting.

Fridge works fine on hook up and battery, used 12 months ago on gas and fine then.

Not sure of the implications of being called the sausage scoffer, but heh, I know what you meant !!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Guest Tracker

Hi Mr & Mrs Banger Basher,

Welcome to the sausage factory!

I'm not au fait with all this modern stuff but if you can quote the fridge model reference someone else is bound to have an answer - sooner or later!

The first place I would look would be the fridge gas jet and they are not always almost impossible to get to. However like all things once you have done it once it's easier the second time and you lose far less skin doing the job!

The other item I would suspect is the gas flame failure device which cuts off the gas when the flame goes out to avoid the risk of explosion - again not impossible to get to.

If you can watch someone take it apart and put it back together then you would know what to do next time.

Did you say you checked the gas tap that supplies the fridge?

Archived