When I log in

nightrider

knight of the road - 2011-04-23 8:45 AM

When I log in to the group the text is very small? is it the same for everyone or is it just me? how can I make it bigger? dont like this new setup.

Its ok now, just changed the zoom level, must have knocked it by accident.

Well I don't like it at all.

Font is far too small (don't see why I shold play with the zoom just for this web site) and there's lots of dead space around. Don't like the silly graphics and don't understand why my default colour is light grey when most other people's seems to be black?

It also doesn't seem to like IE9 as I can see what I've typed in 'preview' but when I then hit 'submit' nothing happens . . . . but after 4 attempts it does but as you can see the delete button doesn't work!!!!

On the whole - unpleasant to use as you can see from the very little that I now post.

W2G

Just trying something here to see if mine has changed to grey.

edit -

Waytogo, go into your control panel and under your profile have you selected Rich text edit. If not change it to yes, and then make a post and change the colour to black.  Then go back the control panel and change back to Rich Text  edit off.

If you already have Rich Text edit on then just use the menu when composing a post to change the colour to what you want.

Brambles - 2011-04-24 9:11 AMJust trying something here to see if mine has changed to grey.
edit -
Waytogo, go into your control panel and under your profile have you selected Rich text edit. If not change it to yes, and then make a post and change the colour to black.  Then go back the control panel and change back to Rich Text  edit off.

If you already have Rich Text edit on then just use the menu when composing a post to change the colour to what you want.

Yep, rich text is already on . . . . and I've just changed the text to black

The other bizare thing I've noticed is that if I choose 'preview' it shows me what I've typed. If I then add something else neither the 'submit' or 'preview' buttons work!! All I can do is copy the whole ramblings (with additions) then hit the 'back' button then paste it into the box again - rediculous.

I don't know whether its the web site or an IE9 issue although it only seems to be this web site that I have problems with.

Might be an IE9 issue or yoru computer, works for me. Well actually I don't know, just away to test now by previewing to make sure.

Add a bit - well that works.

Now to submit. ( are you sure you are scrolling down the screen properly to the edit window below.

er . . . . yeeeeees . . . . . . . .

There's only one submit and one preview button. Once I've used the preview button neiher button works unless I hit 'back'.

Well, I'm not having that so I'll just lurk instead and not post anything >:-)

All I can suggest is it is your computer is far too slow (or internet connection) and is taking ages to load the webpage and enable the buttons. You also need make sure yor computer is not cluttered up with loads if cookies, malware and other memory hungry things. All slows you down and prevents things running properly.

But for me the buttons work fine so not a lot I can suggest.

It was reported by me a week or two ago that there was a long pause between pressing submit and the posting appearing, this was acknowledged by Daniel (Editor).

W2G - I think the issue may well be to do with IE9 as I use Firefox and have also tried IE8 without a problem.

Has anyone else noticed how quiet the forum is since the change to the new format .... :-S

Brambles - 2011-04-24 5:35 PM

All I can suggest is it is your computer is far too slow (or internet connection) and is taking ages to load the webpage and enable the buttons. You also need make sure yor computer is not cluttered up with loads if cookies, malware and other memory hungry things. All slows you down and prevents things running properly.

Please don't take this the wrong way, and I know you're only trying to help, but I know how to use a PC.

I've got over 25 years of commercial computing experience and have been a computer consultant for the last 15 years. I've also built several web sites for fun. My new PC is only 3 months old and is of a very high spec running Windows 7 (64-bit) operating system and is using quad core processors and 4MB of memory.

I not only know how to use a PC but my job has involved running courses and training people in using PCs so I think I'm qualified to know when a button doesn't work!

As I say, I know you're only trying to help and I appreciate your responses. Since the new web site layout went live I think I've only posted once or twice so the issue hasn't arisen before. I wasn't sure whether it was the web site or an issue with the new version of IE9 which I recently installed.

I'm glad the buttons are working for you.

Mel - appreciate your comments.

W2G

Mel B - 2011-04-24 9:35 PM

W2G - I think the issue may well be to do with IE9 as I use Firefox and have also tried IE8 without a problem.

Update . . . . Just uninstalled IE9 (back to IE8) and the buttons are working as they should. So that's resolved that issue in that the buttons on the new web site layout don't work correctly with IE9 . . . . well the submit and preview ones anyway.

W2G

Way2Go - 2011-04-25 7:43 AM

Mel B - 2011-04-24 9:35 PM

Update . . . . Just uninstalled IE9 (back to IE8) and the buttons are working as they should. So that's resolved that issue in that the buttons on the new web site layout don't work correctly with IE9 . . . . well the submit and preview ones anyway.

W2G

Glad you have it resolved.

Archived