Typical BH weather

ips

Spent ALL day yesterday cleaning and polishing (wasnt acctually that dirty cos been under cover all winter) and generally faffing about with the MH to get ready for going away later today for the 1st time this year. Beatifull day so shirt off, cans of coke at the ready she now looks brand new. Even got the scooter fired up and checked out ready for a trip around the yorkshire dales on sunday.

Woke up this morning to a dull and much cooler day ......... flipping typical, just hope it stays off rain and brightens up. :'(

You shame me. I spent all day yesterday working on the van. I managed to sort of polish two sides - did the back end last weekend. I kept telling my wife that it had to be done carefully - for example, I had to wait for the polish to dry before buffing so I just had time for a cuppa. Oh and I could not polish both sides at once because of the heat, I need to follow the shade.

I am aiming to make cleaning the van last all Easter so please keep quiet!

Guest JudgeMental
lovely day here in London! new van sitting outside...... and I am going to miss two bank holiday opportunity's due to delays by DVLA inspection for registration (German import) *-)

Well, it's been absolutely gorgeous here today, lovely and warm ... shame I was stuck in the bathroom putting in the new suite! >:-(

Stripped all the wall paper and put the bath in on Tuesday last week before we went to Peterborourgh show, it was a pain to do as we have to have our bath raised up by about 3 inches from 'normal height' due to the way our drain runs (when entering our bungalow you step 'down' into it).

Went shopping this Thursday for paint and panelling as I've decided to put panelling round the bottom half of the room - trying to put some 'character' back in our old place. :-S Yesterday I made a framework for round the bath for the plastic side and end panels and started cutting and fitting the wall panelling which I finished today (except for the top capping which I'll do after I've papered the top). We removed the loo so I could do the panelling behind it, then put the new loo in - what a bl**dy palava!

After fitting the loo we found that every time we flushed we had a little waterfall coming out at the bottom of the front of the cistern, and into the toilet bowl .... hmm ... tighten the joining bolts ... no difference .... out it came and we found that the seal had not been placed properly and was distorted, fortunately we had another so were able to use that. Our bathroom suite is a Wickes ex-display one, bargain price, and hubby 'assumed' that the original display fitters had put everything together correctly ... yeah, right .... interesting 'conversation' followed ... Checked with hubby that the flush mechanism would line up okay (push buttons on top) ... yup, he could alter it later if needed, so back went the loo - yippee not more waterfall! :->

All we had to do was fit the top ... err ... then followed a lengthy 'discussion' along the lines of .... "the flush isn't straight" .... "that's how they are" ... "no they're not", "yes they are", "no they're not" ... I'm sure you get the drift!!!! :$ So, I bet you can guess what happened next *-) ... yup, out came the loo, off came the cistern again, unscrew the flush mechanism, re-align it correctly, put it all back again ... ho hum, I could probably do it in my sleep now! I've informed him in no uncertain terms that I will be fitting the washbasin into the built in unit myself!!!!!! 8-)

I absolutely ache all over, scrabbling around on the floor, putting panelling into tight spaces, and fitting the loos ... for over 10 hours is not my idea fun! :-(

It looks nice though ... :D

Archived