spare wheel carrier

mmm use to advertise a company that makes spare wheel carriers in the back advert section, the type which fit on a panel van rear doors, thay no longer advertise in mmm has anyone got a back copy with the details in please,

the wife has made me take the past few years to the tip

kind regards

kevin :-S

ALcamp - 2011-05-03 10:03 PM

Have you any more details on Armitage Trailors as I am looking for one for my Renault Master van

Cheers

The website is as 'Flicka' qives and indeed does not list one but if you telephone them they will quote you.

kevin hawkins - 2011-05-05 9:26 AM

they told me they do not do spare wheel carriers but a firm did use to advertise in the back pages of mmm has any one got a old copy

kind regards

kevin *-)

I vaguely remember the MMM advert but, as I amputate all the advertising junk from my archive copies of MMM, I can't help identify the advertiser.

If you just want a carrier to attach to the rear door, I would have thought any competent metal-working firm should be able to fabricate a bespoke one for you reasonably cheaply. See the following for an example:

http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67

Motorhome spare wheels are often pretty heavy, so you'll need to be sure that your vehicle's door hinges are up to the job.

kevin hawkins - 2011-05-05 9:26 AM

they told me they do not do spare wheel carriers but a firm did use to advertise in the back pages of mmm has any one got a old copy

kind regards

kevin *-)

Strange that, they told me last week one for my van was £150 fitted. Have decided to go with standard Fiat one though.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just come across an advert in MMM December 2009 (page 237) that's probably the one Kevin was referring to. This is a link that will provide contact details:

http://www.outdoorholiday.co.uk/home/a0_K/a0_KA/i1198_Kaman

Not sure how up-to-date the above is (the asking-price in the 2009 MMM advert was £100), but there's a reasonably recent Kaman Conversions video on:

Archived