Speed Camera Help.

nowtelse2do

Thought everyone might be interested to know, that following the UK Government's Freedom of Information Act, you can now get access to 'ALL' speed camera offences recorded in the last 12 months

Did you know that every time your car goes passed a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database? You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit., or (this is the bit I didn't know) if you receive 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket next time you go over the limit. Also very handy to know if you are about to buy a new car, as you can check if it has any pending speeding ticket's before you buy it.

This is why you hear of drivers being ticketed for doing 33mph in a 30mph limited area, whilst others doing 34-36mph do not get a ticket. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address.

http://www.i-database.co.uk/

Just enter your car registration, If there is any data on your vehicle, you just click onto the camera window to see a copy of the photograph.

Hope this is useful...

Dave

francisgraham - 2011-05-03 4:05 PM

I haven't followed the link as I suspect that it's the old monkey joke again, which was featured in this Chatterbox forum very recently!

It is a varient on the 'monkey' theme ;-)

It was about the same time that the last such thread was posted that my pute got a very stuburn Trojan horse, when looking at the history of where previous link sent you I'm sure thats where I picked it up, and as I cannot upgrade from XP SP2 which MS no longer supports, I believe a vulnerability in my system was preyed appon some where in one of those links.

It is a case of thinking about it logically and hindsight is always brilliant I know BUT, the cameras in the box are programmed to trigger when a vehicle passes doing a set speed. The speed at which the camera is triggered is pre-programmed and allows for margins of error so in a 30MPH zone it may not trigger unless you were doing 33MPH. The technology (at present) does not allow for the cameras to trigger at differing vehicle speeds.

colin - 2011-05-03 7:42 PM

It was about the same time that the last such thread was posted that my pute got a very stuburn Trojan horse, when looking at the history of where previous link sent you I'm sure thats where I picked it up, and as I cannot upgrade from XP SP2 which MS no longer supports, I believe a vulnerability in my system was preyed appon some where in one of those links.

Colin, It was me that put the thread up about Old School Photo's, I assume that's the one you are referring to. I have contacted the person who sent it to me, (an April fool joke) and also other friends that I forward it on to and none have said they have had a problem with it. If by any chance it was my thread that caused you the problem, I apologize sincerely and that goes for any other member also that it might have affected.

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2011-05-03 4:01 PM

Thought everyone might be interested to know, that following the UK Government's Freedom of Information Act, you can now get access to 'ALL' speed camera offences recorded in the last 12 months

Did you know that every time your car goes passed a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database? You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit., or (this is the bit I didn't know) if you receive 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket next time you go over the limit. Also very handy to know if you are about to buy a new car, as you can check if it has any pending speeding ticket's before you buy it.

This is why you hear of drivers being ticketed for doing 33mph in a 30mph limited area, whilst others doing 34-36mph do not get a ticket. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address.

http://www.i-database.co.uk/

Just enter your car registration, If there is any data on your vehicle, you just click onto the camera window to see a copy of the photograph.

Hope this is useful...

Dave

I'll do you dave if I get you (lol)

Archived