Waeco fridge

ALcamp

I hope somebody can help solve the problem with my fridge (waeco cr-110) which is less than a year old. In evening the fridge starts going and runs for along time then stops half hour later starts again and keeps going running the batteries down, it does not happen during the day as the solar panel keeps the batteries charged so we have to turn the fridge off at night.

Spoke to Waeco and they said read your book as it will tell you the problem.

The only item on when this happens is a reading light ( will not have a tv in the van )

I have checked the wiring where I can looks ok, the batteries ( 2 x 100 amp/hr) are also less than a year old and the indicators show they are ok.

I have got to get this sorted as we are going to France at the end of the month :-D

If the Fridge is less than a year old, it will still be in Warranty.

Your Dealer is responsible & should be your 1st point of contact.

nb. I could not find your CR-110 model on the Weaco website (?) but current consumption ranges from c48watts to c70watts.

I've got a Waeco compressor coolbox. It's got a battery monitor that switches it off if the battery falls to one of 2 pre-set voltages (10.2 or 11.2V) and switches it back on when the battery has recovered (11.2 or 12.2V). When I first got it, I plugged it into a cheap 12v 4 way extension cable that's about 3m long. I found that it would run for a while and then keep switching on and off. I guessed that the voltage drop over the cable was causing problems (not helped by a cheap leisure battery) so fitted a 12v socket as close to the leisure battery as possible and used thicker cable. It certainly made a difference.

Could you switch off the solar panel and all other electrical items (perhaps disconnect the fuses to make sure there is no drain on the battery other than the fridge) then see if the fridge works properly? If you can, you might also have a look at the cabling. I don't know if it would be possible for you to wire the fridge directly to the leisure battery on a temporary basis? This might narrow down the problem to either the control system on the fridge or the electrical installation.

Hi

Check your battery when fridge cuts out , below 10.5v /10.7v it will not work. It will not cut back in again until the battery voltage has been restored above 11.5 v /11.7v (approx voltages). Ensure your cable from your battery has a good cross section (not too light a cable) and there is no loose connections from the battery to the fridge.

Regards,

Brendan

Had a go at few things suggested like pulling wires and checking connections and found nothing but the fridge has been working ok for the last couple of days so hope it stays that way.

The only thing not to happy about is the wiring of the leisure batteries so will tidy it up as per diagram in Junes issue of MMM.

Once again thank you for your replies :-D

Archived