ballon festival near bristol

mgain

It's the Avon DA of the Camping and Caravanning Club that runs a meet to coincide with the Balloon Fiesta. You have to be a member and you have to book.

The site is 10 mins walk from Ashton Court, and 10 mins from a Park and Ride if you want to go into Bristol.

Type avonda.co.uk into your browser and click on the Balloon Fiesta 2011 link.

We had a fabulous time two years ago :-D

Or the Motorcarava Owners Club run a temp. camp site across the road from the park where it's held. Last year it cost £9.50 per day. It has a pub that serves good food at the edge of the field and a bus stop that goes into Bristol from outside the pub. There's no booking, providing your a club member, you just turn up. See their website for details.

Yes, forgot to mention the pub, only 100 yards or so from the entrance to Ashton Court. I thought it was going to be tacky and expensive but found the grub lovely and the beer quite cheap 8-)

I think I've talked myself into going again this year... (lol)

Guest Tracker
Tomo3090 - 2011-05-05 7:47 PM

Or the Motorcarava Owners Club run a temp. camp site across the road from the park where it's held. Last year it cost £9.50 per day. It has a pub that serves good food at the edge of the field and a bus stop that goes into Bristol from outside the pub. There's no booking, providing your a club member, you just turn up. See their website for details.

It is a good do and if the wind is right you are woken to the sight and sound of dozens of ballons passing overhead - some of them only just as they struggle to get lift!

Can get a bit noisy from the fairground over the road but does eventually go quiet at night!

Be aware that the field gets very muddy very quickly and on many occasions lots of vans have had to be towed off if it rains before or during!

Last went in August 2009 and we all had to be towed ONTO the field by a tractor (!)

My trannie had 16" wheels and 8" of mud on them!

Four days of glorious sunshine dried the place up nicely and we all drove out 8-) (lol)

Archived