HELP: We need new a motorhome sink

ALANSUE

Hi again. Please can someone help us.

We need a new sink for the wash hand basin for our motorhome.

It is an Avantgarde Compass 150.

The present sink is split around the plug hole which I have repaired with fibre glass but it looks ugly and not sure how long the repair will last

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Alan

This is an earlier thread that may be useful:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=22960&posts=11

Presumably you've tried your motorhome's manufacturer (Elddis nowadays, I guess) without success?

Otherwise, if you GOOGLE on "caravan sink replacement", you might get lucky.

The following company

http://www.vandgcaravans.co.uk/index.html

has gained areputation of being able to take a damaged plastic wash basin, shower tray, etc. and produce a copy-mould and GRP replacement. Not a cheap exercise, I suspect, but it could be a life-saver if you can't find a new sink elsewhere.

Hello Perhaps I can help we are boat builder's and used to build motorhomes, (Amazon Motorhomes). I could make you a new one in grp but would need your old one to take amould of it could be possible I would have abasin mould around tel 01278783275 we are in Highbridge somerset

Give Caravan-Components.co.uk a division of Carafax Ltd a ring on 01482 308468 they supply all the major manufacturers with many types of items for building motorhomes and caravans and they supply to private owners as well. I have used them and they are very helpfull.

Thank you to all who responded.

I will try and find a replacement or get one moulded and get back to you once I, hopefully, get a replacement so others will know.

What a great forum!

Thanks.

Alan

Guest peter
Remove the sink and repair it from the outside with GRP. I had the same problem on my Rapido and it worked a treat.

Archived